+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tranmere Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Tranmere Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Spluttering, not firing on all cylinders. This seem to be the general consensus on today's performance from what I can see on the match thread. Has 90+ become our new twilight zone? Why do all our games seem to go to 90+8 minutes. Is NYS our bogey ground?

In other news really enjoyed watching the Blades game at Stamford Bridge today but if you want to see a living definition of karma make sure you see the last minute of the Villa game at Palace.

Thoughts on today's disappointing result, apart from the fact it busted everyone's flush in the weekly prediction competition.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 31-08-2019 at 04:13 PM.

On hols so not been, the stats suggest we were lucky with a draw, does this sound right?

Another bitterly disappointing outcome. We go in front but are incapable of either finishing them off or defending the lead. A joke of a ref but that doesn't excuse our shortcomings

I knew it I just fricken knew it I wish I could predict the lottery numbers as good I would buy the bloody club and get shut of our defense.

We have learned nothing from last season about how to defend a lead. It was always gonna be an ugly win against an ugly side with an ugly ref if we had won. We have to learn how to keep leads. We kept giving pointless free kicks away and inviting pressure. Think Ladapo might be a luxury player we can't afford at the moment. We must brting in that right back and left winger or we will have no chance of promotion this season. 4 3 3 does not work at home. Smithy had his best game this season because he tried to stay more central. Wiles played well and Ogbene livened us up when he came on. Still a lot of work to do...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 31-08-2019 at 04:27 PM.

What a rubbish game (been polite because I’ll kick off if the bubbles start)
    Does anyone actually know what they’re suppose to be doing?
    Good to seee Wiles score
    That is all

Terrible terrible **** performance.
    Sort it Warne

I can't speak....I'll be back later. Oh, and drop Crooks FFS!

It was a poor Tranmere team, but hardworking and quite physical. We had enough chances to finish Tranmere off, but Ladapo and Crooks missed two good chances. and like the Pigs game in midweek, previous Pigs games, most of last seaaon generally -we played the last 15 minutesi our own penalty area for no apparent reason, Warney having learned nothing from previous last minute draws and defeats.... and Tranmere had no Bannan, they were petty bereft of ideas. A clearly unfit Mattock replaced Freddie late in the game (!), and then Ogbene was playing centrally with Smithy out wide! Ronnie and SE would have had the three points in the bag - I blame Warney's stupid tactics for us failing to get a win. Even if he was going to bring on an extra defender, why not Thompson?

Some positives - well taken goal by Wiles, some good saves by Iversen, and Ogbene played quite well on his debut
    Last edited by mikemiller; 31-08-2019 at 04:40 PM.

I've o my seen the Lincolin game which in Warneys phraisiology was dog sh1t, was this game better or worse?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast