+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Tranmere Rovers Post Match Thoughts

[QUOTE=flourbasher;39315243]We weren't on top though biglad. Yes we were winning but they were in the ascendancy when the substitution was made. There was only one team going to score at that point.

I hear what you are saying but if that is all it takes for us to stop trying to win a game and just defend then we should have done it after 20 mins of the first half when they were on top and we had to defend. Once we are not a threat to them they just came at us with no thoughts of defending and you just do not let teams do that to you if you have any ambition of winning the game. It's just that simple.

I would have preferd to at least got the draw trying to win the game instead of holding on for dear life because we got scared.

For what it's worth I took MGP's post as a bit of satire. Zouch posted a constructive and balanced appraisal of the game that didn't fit the generic bingo card of criticisms that we usually read every time we don't win. So MGP had a tongue in cheek dig that there's no place for fair and balanced critique around these parts!

Someone alluded to fast paced attacking football. Saw it in abundance in the friendly against WBA, but against physical "ugly" sides like Lincoln and Tranmere we can't seem to get the flow right. Then we get frustrated, players seem to lose their heads and make silly mistakes. The opposition pick up on this and punish us. Lincoln did it deftly with two sucker punches that we had no reply to. Tranmere not quite as good and had to push to the death to get their reward but their efforts paid off for them.

I'm not panicking yet. All the right pieces for the jigsaw are there, we just haven't got them in the right place yet. We need to add an ugliness of our own to counter teams like Tranmere when they don't allow us to play our game, but that ugliness should not be ultra deep defending that we are proven to be no good at. Especially when the lead is a slender 1-0 one.

The tough lessons of the league are happening early on and this could be a blessing if, and only if, we learn wisely.

I was down at the far end near the away fans .. and the ball was out.
    not by much but it was out only by an inch 2 at the most but for a split second there was clearly line grass ball . I think joe was the rotherham player who stopped as saw it had gone out too .

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    We weren't on top though biglad. Yes we were winning but they were in the ascendancy when the substitution was made. There was only one team going to score at that point.

I take your point that leaving Ladapo on may have made them sit back a bit more though.
    The best scenario would have been for Ladapo to have done a lot better and caused them problems to force them to sit back. He had a poor game though so it didn't happen
    It just shows how differently we all see games fb, because I saw it just like BigLad that we were on top when PW made the needless substitution to put mattock on for ladapo, and if anyone was going to score another goal in the match it would have been us. I couldn't see them scoring and then we invited them on, suicide game management for me but what's done is done and on to donny.

13th in table after only playing 4 games isn’t bad really but still....

And despite everyone saying the defenders are poor. And we need a defensive coach... we have conceded the least goals in the league so far.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    13th in table after only playing 4 games isn’t bad really but still....
    Have we played 3 of the teams that were promoted in those 4 games?

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    I was down at the far end near the away fans .. and the ball was out.
    not by much but it was out only by an inch 2 at the most but for a split second there was clearly line grass ball . I think joe was the rotherham player who stopped as saw it had gone out too .
    The ball was out, I was smack in line with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    The ball was out, I was smack in line with it.
    Did you not have goal post in your view? It wasn’t at all clear if it was in or out that’s how close it was

It was very clear to me and my view .. I couldnt believe it when the linesman never flagged..has the linesman was 6 feet away from it .

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast