+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Point to ponder? Apologies to Albertzzzzzz

Point to ponder? Apologies to Albertzzzzzz

Second home league game last season was the 5 goal slaughtering of Ayr. Up until then, Queens' record had been..Played 9, won 5, lost 2, draw 2 (1 lost after extra time) Goals for 21 against 10 (not counting 2 v 4 in extra time. Current status including today.. Played 8, Won 1,draw 4, lost 3. Goals for 11,against 12. Read into that what you will! I see a downturn already.,and we are only 8 games in.Edit... one goal in last four games!
    Last edited by Bagapapa; 31-08-2019 at 05:42 PM.

I don't see much fight in this team and that's the worrying thing.

Yup deek. We are far too lightweight, soppy, big pussies. Strength, fight and gerrintaethem is what we need from the team.

Things will turn in our favour, I’m still confident. 🙂

Thanks for the apology

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Yup deek. We are far too lightweight, soppy, big pussies. Strength, fight and gerrintaethem is what we need from the team.
    The Wasps had better players than Queens in their central defence and, in midfield, the pony - tailed Blair Malcolm looked a class above Lyon and Pybus. Early days yet but home league wins are becoming something of a rarity in 2019 !

Maybe a small point I know but the team looked to lack motivation and fight yesterday coming out after half-time, they strolled out of the tunnel as if they were walking into the dentists. Mind games are a part of all sport and, at home, we should stay in until the opposition have been out kept waiting for a couple of minutes then run out with a bit of purpose as if we're going to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Of course it's no good giving the impression that you intend to start strongly and then give possession away immediately by punting the ball out of the park from your kick - off as Kilday did yesterday ( and last week at Ayr).

Auld Chippy I agree with just about everything you say, - however, the sensible thing is now to place the debacle of Saturday behind us and move on.

I hope that Johnson can motivate his troops this week because in his after match interview he looked as shocked and depressed as the fans leaving Palmerston on Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, - let's draw a line under things and trust that it was a one off and a very bad day at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Auld Chippy I agree with just about everything you say, - however, the sensible thing is now to place the debacle of Saturday behind us and move on.

I hope that Johnson can motivate his troops this week because in his after match interview he looked as shocked and depressed as the fans leaving Palmerston on Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, - let's draw a line under things and trust that it was a one off and a very bad day at the office.
    Let's hope so Jardi and the Alloa performance was a big drop off from that at Ayr where Queens were certainly up for it. Kick up the posterior is certainly required to get the team back on track as that was clearly unacceptable on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Maybe a small point I know but the team looked to lack motivation and fight yesterday coming out after half-time, they strolled out of the tunnel as if they were walking into the dentists. Mind games are a part of all sport and, at home, we should stay in until the opposition have been out kept waiting for a couple of minutes then run out with a bit of purpose as if we're going to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Of course it's no good giving the impression that you intend to start strongly and then give possession away immediately by punting the ball out of the park from your kick - off as Kilday did yesterday ( and last week at Ayr).
    I recall this was a tactic two seasons ago with kicking the ball out wide left from the kick off...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)