+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone think we have the championship won?

No.

Funsters are spouting this line.

And if Spence is saying this, muppetry.

Long way to go but a good start.

no way..... its utd!

as above see where we are after the first set of fixtures.....so far so good for me as we do have weaknesses in our team

would like to see Smith get more time on the pitch and Sporle get up to speed to keep pushing Robson

also worry where we will be without cover for centre halves or McMullen.....nobody else has that pace

hopefully we do get in a left winger b4 window shuts.....also grasping for another centre half who is a Darren Dodds type
    Last edited by Eamons_lost_wig_04; 31-08-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Having said all that etc, when it comes to Connolly v Butcher, maybe a bit of perspective here - let’s face it if it came down to a choice, would you rather have Connolly or those muppet Funster defenders who conceded 6 (SIX)? Maybe our issues aren’t so bad in comparison.

We don’t have it won but if we fail, it’ll be the biggest disaster since failing to win Scottish Cup with Robertson, GMS, Armstrong, Gauld and Ciftci.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    No.

Funsters are spouting this line.

And if Spence is saying this, muppetry.

Long way to go but a good start.
    Can you declare in football??? ok, let's do it, game over.... league won!!!

I haven't heard a single arab saying anything remotely like "we have won the league"

I started to hear this the day Shanks scored 4.... "oh , you've got a real striker now, yiv won the league aridy"

It has escalated within the bluenose fraternity to the point of embarrassment.

We know very well how things can change in this league and even a 10 point lead at Christmas doesn't guarantee anything. In saying that ........I would prefer it!!!

Ridiculous suggestion!!!

Weren’t hearts top of the premier and unbeaten after 5 matches last season.

I think they ended about 5th and they now can’t beat Hamilton at tynecastle

Long way to go and this is a hard league

Every game needs respect and will be tough.

Arbroath and Alloa showed yesterday though are going to be competitive again. There are no easy matches in this league.

Ayr next week - we know McCall is always out to get one over United and they will be joint top if they win

Long long way to go

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Having said all that etc, when it comes to Connolly v Butcher, maybe a bit of perspective here - let’s face it if it came down to a choice, would you rather have Connolly or those muppet Funster defenders who conceded 6 (SIX)? Maybe our issues aren’t so bad in comparison.
    I particularly liked the defending for our 3rd and 4th goal.

McDaid rugby tackle for pen

Forster awkward limbo dance with ball to knock out for corner

[QUOTE=Whitfieldarab;39314461]Agreed. Connolly for me is our weak link. I'm not Butcher 's biggest fan as a midfielder but surely the CH position is his to lose now.

Wouldn’t be so sure. During Robbie’s post match interview he rattled of a list of our best players and Connelly was among them! He obviously rates him.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Ridiculous suggestion!!!

Arbroath and Alloa showed yesterday though are going to be competitive again. There are no easy matches in this league.

Ayr next week - we know McCall is always out to get one over United and they will be joint top if they win

Long long way to go

Spot on, game at a time, however if we approach each game as we have the four so far, it'll be extremely difficult for anyone to finish above us and they week have more to worry about than we will

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Ridiculous suggestion!!!

Long long way to go
    Agreed

Everyone else please move on,

We've all seen what happens when our two best players are seriously injured or sold in the same week

Enjoying this week enormously, roll on the next game

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)