+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone think we have the championship won?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Have we got the Championship won?

Think of the embarrassment if we don't win it now considering our position?
    There would be celebrations across the road that would trump the Doon Derby.Even if they failed to make the play offs it would go doon as their most successful season since the Marr era.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    does he also have a 50k release trigger in his contract same as Shanks?
    I think Hearts would be very easy to deal with that Stendel does not rate Berra but he is the messiah across the road.

Thank God we have that 21 point gap over them because as i have predicted all season here come the Dees!!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Thank God we have that 21 point gap over them because as i have predicted all season here come the Dees!!!!.
    The dee's on march now with
    Foster scoring. Should we be talking about is league won or not yet

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I get that but Robbie has GOT to get things ready for next season. Our huge lead at the top allows him to do that and he should.
    I agree with this. In position to start planning now and we have to do that to make the most of our return.

Want to also keep winning mentality

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I think Hearts would be very easy to deal with that Stendel does not rate Berra but he is the messiah across the road.
    I thought Dorrans was the messiah. Very confusing

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I thought Dorrans was the messiah. Very confusing
    No, he’s just a very naughty boy. Berra is the TRUE messiah.

United need 13 points from their next 11 games to win the league ( but if the teams below slip up it will be even less points ) .......

Looking at the fixture list, there is a possibility the league could be won at home to Alloa on 21st March - but this will change each week depending on results elsewhere and of course, Alloa are not an easy team to beat.

I think United have won the league - but can they win it before the end of March ? Maybe.

So, in theory the league could be won within the next 5 matches - depending on United winning and results elsewhere.

The end of March to win the league would be a good target to set - it won't be easy, but it is highly possible.

Personally I think we should ease off now & play the young lads and string things out so we can win the title at Dens. Calm down folks I'm only joking its won already and it will be confirmed by the end of March because as others have pointed out ICT, Ayr etc will take points off each other. On the other hand despite the confidence in winning it by the end of March it is a poor league but we have done the job by beating what has been in front of us. A big upgrade is needed imo to make a go of it in the Premier next season.

We in fact need 21 points from the next 11 games to win the championship,

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)