+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Defour departs.

Smile Defour departs.

A waste of space and a waste of a wage. No heart, no desire, bye.

Defour off to Belgium , Drinkwater no where near ready ?

Well,..another pathetic transfer window closes,..And it just gets worse.
    We find Drinkwater, who we signed for 5 months is no where near ready, despite paying Chelsea £50 grand a week!
    Now Defour has had his contract terminated by mutual consent!!

FFS....Taken us 3 windows to get an unfit Drinkwater,.........Now we need 2 midfielders ..

It"s a shambles...

I have tagged your post on here Jon as BT put his up first, not that it said much as yours hit the nail on the head more

When he played he was great, made a big difference. I'm not up with the reasons why he would be considered a waste of space and wage - can anyone elaborate? I do recall that there may have been a clash with SD on philosophy of attack? But if you are injured, you are injured, so what is the concern? It's frustrating but not entirely his fault is it?

January window - Tom Davies. And his currency just rose - we can't miss the boat on this.

A shame about Defour, the most talented footballer we've had, probably in the last fifty years, but I'm not sure why Dyche bought him, he never really seemed to trust him in central midfield, and then the injuries kicked in so it became irrelevant anyway. We still haven't replaced John Deary.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    When he played he was great, made a big difference. I'm not up with the reasons why he would be considered a waste of space and wage - can anyone elaborate? I do recall that there may have been a clash with SD on philosophy of attack? But if you are injured, you are injured, so what is the concern? It's frustrating but not entirely his fault is it?

January window - Tom Davies. And his currency just rose - we can't miss the boat on this.
    First couple of games when he signed you could see the class, scored a screamer at Old Trafford, then for me nothing much else during his time here. I'll bet he's soon fit enough to play for Antwerp.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    First couple of games when he signed you could see the class, scored a screamer at Old Trafford, then for me nothing much else during his time here. I'll bet he's soon fit enough to play for Antwerp.
    Be interesting to see if he does get back to playing regularly BT, but the reason he's been shipped out is obvious, we had to find the Drinkwater money from somewhere, and sure as f*ck it ain't coming from the Dry Powder Store.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Be interesting to see if he does get back to playing regularly BT, but the reason he's been shipped out is obvious, we had to find the Drinkwater money from somewhere, and sure as f*ck it ain't coming from the Dry Powder Store.
    By all accounts Drinkwater does at least want to play and like you say, the padlocks remain intact on the Dry Powder Store.

Seen it reported by Sky football news the Defour has signed for Royal Antwerp. Assuming they carried out a medical just how serious was his injury that prevented him playing for BFC, as he was vastly superior to our current central midfield when he did play.

Very disappointing.

He very obviously had an issue with Sean and his style of play.

Let's hope we can get Drinkwater firing very soon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)