+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have teams sussed us out at ER?

Have teams sussed us out at ER?

A claim made by Dean Ashton on the Quest EFL highlights show tonight.

1 win in our last 7 home games is a concern.

He may just have a valid point.

We were sussed out last season, and not much has changed this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    We were sussed out last season, and not much has changed this season.
    x2

Except at least we have better players on the bench to forlornly chase the game we should have won an hour earlier, after the traditional defensive error in the last 12 minutes.

Any teams can do home work on other teams but we have to overcome them.
    Again i feel more investment in a few class players would help to overcome others teams strategies.
    I am convinced not investing will cost us.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

No I don’t think so, we sliced Swansea open more than enough times to score 3 or 4. Bamford just doesn’t give us the cutting edge when we need it. Sure he will score goals as he gets so many chances but he isn’t reliable enough to score when we are counting on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Yes he dies, and despite making more chances this season, our failings last are still our failings this.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Yes he dies, and despite making more chances this season, our failings last are still our failings this.
    By that I mean we are predictable and lack bite. We have no plan B, and the teeth we have are either blunt or used so little as to have little or no effect.

We haven't "sliced open" any team consistently and in all areas if the pitch. We HAVE played well out of defence and dominated the central third, then we continue to attempt (more often than we should) to walk the ball onto the goal line.

Tippy tappy foitball and getting "ole's" from the crowd is fine if you're 5 up, it's often a waste of energy when you're facing massed ranks of defensive players in a team playing for the counter.

Costa and Nketiah must start and the sooner Roberts is able to show us what he can do the better. Bamford goes to the bench, save energy for when he is brought on (and ponder what he needs to do to get his start place back)

But not sure it is that teams have sussed out just that we haven’t cured our inability to turn chances into goals.

Bamford now has 4 goals from 20 attempts only 8 of which were on target (or 40%).

Of those with 4 goals in the league he has had by far and away the most chances. Baston and Taylor who both have 5 have only had 12 attempts and get about 70% of attempts on target.

what the stats also don’t show is where Bamford makes the wrong run or sees it too late so wastes the good play that precedes it.

given the amount of statistical analysis we do I don’t get why Bamford is a starting 9. Roofe had better stats last season and when he went much as Eddie will become a star in the next few years I don’t get why we didn’t reinvest that money in someone who can score. I think WTF mentioned Lyle Taylor from Charlton a month or so ago and if we weren’t going to go with an established experienced player someone like him would have been surely worth the investment.

the team we have built with Bamford up front is like having a Ferrari and trying to win the F1 champs with the chauffeur from driving miss daisy at the wheel.

Time for Eddie to take the wheel and give it a spin.

We haven't been sussed out, we just dont take chances then the opposition take the one chance they get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)