+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tasteless and uncalled for!

Tasteless and uncalled for!

Due tot hat changes in the law and the risk of breaking the data protection laws there are some tools that are no longer available to moderaters on forums.

This can easily be exploited by new members and existing ones.

Honestly, I've been on this site long enough to know who's winding who up, who knows who and whether folk are just bing argumentitive. For that reason some will thing=k that others get away with saying things that others don't.

What has pissed me off more than anything of late is the way people seem to be getting at other members without them knowing them, what their motives are just because they believe them to be something else without a shread of evidence.
    This multi name calling and thread spoiling has to bloody stop if you want this to board to continue. We allmoan when it's quiet but how the hell are we going to attract new members if all they get is stick for posting.

Early&Easy was banned again yesterday and it is another life-time ban which really does mean life-time. Once that icon is clicked on that user name is finished. There isn't any way that that can be brought back.
    There hasn't been many bans issued for a long time but that doesn't mean that they won't be if it is what is needed to stop this.

The system of complaints are not as simple as before but if you notify myself or CAM through the notification icon then we can act on them. Not only can we act on them we can send the original message to the powers that be at FootyMad if needed.

Let us cut out the shyte, name calling and petty squabbles and get on with having a flipping laugh.

What is a multi and why us it a problem?

Is it the same person posting under different user names? Or a previously banned person coming on under a new name.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    What is a multi and why us it a problem?

Is it the same person posting under different user names? Or a previously banned person coming on under a new name.
    A multi is depicted as a devil. What has happened in the past is people have started another account just to have a go at someone who disagrees with them. They have been more aggresive, say waht they can get away with and are rarely seen again.
    When they are spotted they are given a choice of which account they want to keep open and then the other is closed.

There have been some funny multi accounts but they are frowned upon because of the other sort.

A previously banned user can come back on and post under a new user name as long as they don't revert to what it was that got them banned in the first place. If they do they are warned and banned again.

A lot of this is due to the history of the board and it's founding rules. We have tried to keep in the same spitit of that but let folk have their say. There are some things that just need to be said.

Froggie keep your pecker up and the good work too!

Are you saying that we need to be more tolerant of multis then Frog in so many words. You yourself have often had run ins with them. Or are you saying now you now haven't the same ability to spot them so its inevitable they will creep in?

Personally, I don't mind multis. its the wind up merchants who wind me up because i am unsure of their motives for being on here. We had Gino on here who was the biggest wind up merchant of all but i liked gino because his posts were always humorous but some of the stuff some of the wind up posters put on here are quite sinister and far from being witty. I wont mention names but you will know who I mean. You talk about wanting to attract new posters but these sort of posters put other posters off.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 01-09-2019 at 10:59 AM.

I think some have an obsession with trying to prove they’re multis.

Multis are sad and need to grow up.

I can think of no legitimate reason for anyone to hold multiple accounts on here other than to create mischief. They are obviously trouble causers, mentally deranged or Wednesday fans (If the latter, then they obviously belong to both the latter and latter before last categories).

If you take away the only thing multis crave then they’ll go away.

Your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    If you take away the only thing multis crave then they’ll go away.

Your attention.
    Correct.

I can’t be doing with this agreeing with you, stop posting sense please

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Are you saying that we need to be more tolerant of multis then Frog in so many words. You yourself have often had run ins with them. Or are you saying now you now haven't the same ability to spot them so its inevitable they will creep in?

Personally, I don't mind multis. its the wind up merchants who wind me up because i am unsure of their motives for being on here. We had Gino on here who was the biggest wind up merchant of all but i liked gino because his posts were always humorous but some of the stuff some of the wind up posters put on here are quite sinister and far from being witty. I wont mention names but you will know who I mean. You talk about wanting to attract new posters but these sort of posters put other posters off.
    I think that we have to be more tolerate and patient with new members. Whether they're old users or new to the board we have to be welcoming don't we?
    Everyone reverts to type eventually so if they do that then it's up to CAM and I to sort out any problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast