+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window Closing

Transfer Window Closing

With the transfer window slamming shut tomorrow what do we expect? One or two youngsters/ fringe players like Livingstone going out on loan and perhaps one or two last minute signings? Hopefully we can bring in a traditional number 9 to improve our chance/goal ratio. Yesterday's plethora of missed chances perhaps underlines the need for that. The manager has also hinted that he's looking at another central defender. What about an experienced winger? An interesting day ahead and I expect a flurry of activity from our rivals.

I don't see us signing another winger...I think we've decided to take our chance at having the young wide players develop around a hopefully more solid core.

Centre back is hard to say...Hartley has suggested he's not as past it as I and others thought/feared so it depends whether we think McGuire can be used there or if he's midfield only these days.

I'd be tempted to stick with what we've got unless a genuine, top-flight ready out and out number nine is available.

You'd hope we send a few out on loan...Livingstone, Cornelius and Devine spring to mind. I'd be tempted to keep Semple with a view to using him sooner rather than later in the first XI but he could obviously go too.

IMO it’s mid-field and forward positions we require addition. Defence is covered.
    Casper Sloth ... heard available and yet to play those season. Could be worth a punt (?)

#WherethePhukk'sTheSloth?

Rumours that we're in for Mark O'Hara along with Killie.

He was impressive with Dundee a while ago, no idea what he's done since.

Sloth starts for the reserves today btw, as do Cornelius and Devine suggesting they're not off finalising loan deals. Semple not in the 18.

Mark O'Hara joins us on a season long loan.

Not unhappy but curious to see where he'll fit in unless he's just cover for Polworth...rely on his old defensive attributes to use him alongside Campbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Not unhappy but curious to see where he'll fit in unless he's just cover for Polworth...rely on his old defensive attributes to use him alongside Campbell?
    Cover ... I hope the reverse and hoped a starter otherwise why give Sloth a contract. He comes with a pedigree (?) and assume SPL within his comfort zone. I ask NOT another Gorrin who when started too late and gone.

Polworth has done well, he compliments the two 'workers' nicely I think. It'd be harsh to drop him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)