+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The End of 4-3-3?

Probably not Citizen. We do miss too many chances. We can improve our chances of scoring tho by getting folks in the box when crosses are coming in. When oggie got his crosses in there was only about Smithy there who is hardly the greatest of finishers anyway. Why not get the midfielders to get up there frecklington style to finish off.

I'd go 4-4-2 now.
    Iverson between sticks, back four of Olusunde, Ihiekwe, either Wood or Thompson, Robertson
    Midfield Hastie, Lindsay, Wiles, Ogbene
    Smith and Ladapo up front.

We got options then of Crooks, Barlaser or Macdonald in the middle to change game as required.

I feel Smith up front with Ladapo would work, 2 good wingers feeding in plus Lindsay and Wiles in the middle, Smith doing lion share of work and nodding down, setting up Ladapo for finishes. Morris can come on for impact same as Vassell when injuries are gone.

I think this formation would get the best out of our squad and be more like the League 1 side of 17/18 that performed so well. Better players now I think overall so if we play them where they strongest once they gel I think we'll have a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post
    I'd go 4-4-2 now.
    Iverson between sticks, back four of Olusunde, Ihiekwe, either Wood or Thompson, Robertson
    Midfield Hastie, Lindsay, Wiles, Ogbene
    Smith and Ladapo up front.

We got options then of Crooks, Barlaser or Macdonald in the middle to change game as required.

I feel Smith up front with Ladapo would work, 2 good wingers feeding in plus Lindsay and Wiles in the middle, Smith doing lion share of work and nodding down, setting up Ladapo for finishes. Morris can come on for impact same as Vassell when injuries are gone.

I think this formation would get the best out of our squad and be more like the League 1 side of 17/18 that performed so well. Better players now I think overall so if we play them where they strongest once they gel I think we'll have a good shout.
    Yep not a bad shout that DJ. Would like to see a fit Mattock at left back and Robbo in for Wood then bob's ya uncle...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yep not a bad shout that DJ. Would like to see a fit Mattock at left back and Robbo in for Wood then bob's ya uncle...
    I'll go with that. Shows we do have some options, so lets use them.

Donny away a good match to get lads fired up so would be nice to kick start on to better things at their expense

the main problem we have at the moment is having a ball winning central midfield, potter did a good job of breaking up play on sat. We need to have a central midfielder who can win the ball, break up play and maybe even pick a pass. I'm not sure if anyone in our current squad has these attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    the main problem we have at the moment is having a ball winning central midfield, potter did a good job of breaking up play on sat. We need to have a central midfielder who can win the ball, break up play and maybe even pick a pass. I'm not sure if anyone in our current squad has these attributes.
    I'd put Lindsay down for that role and think given the chance he could do that for us

There's no way we scraping this formation to go 442. These wingers have been brought in specially to play in a 433 and we have to many centre midfielders to play 442.

Smithy has already nodded down a couple for Freddie to score. We can work on that for more easy goals as long as they are allowed to get into the correct positions, and not in each others way. 4-4-2 would probably make that easier to accomplish.

Personally I would stick with three up front but without Smith.

Let’s see what Ladapo, Hastie and Ogbene would work out like

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Personally I would stick with three up front but without Smith.

Let’s see what Ladapo, Hastie and Ogbene would work out like
    Just seen the quote from Warne “we can excite the crowd” ....when is this likely to start then?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast