+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    They had us by the balls when the Conservatives chose that traitor May to represent us.
    She got in by default.Her opponent Andrea Leadsom, had said that she thought by being a mother, she may be a better leader.This was immediately taken up by the remainiac wing of the Tories slagging her, who went way over the top and with support from the BBC/SKY and all the other EU supporters gave her such a rough ride, that she stood down.Had she been in charge ,being a Brexit MP,we would have had a completely different agreement and we would be out now.She would have been an excellent leader.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I thought your general angst was that Labour was being controlled by a far left extremist and that they needed a 'voice of sanity' to make us more electable?
    And who do think is the "voice of sanity" exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    And who do think is the "voice of sanity" exactly?
    Ask Fire. he's the one that keeps going on about Corbyn being extreme left wing and therefore unelectable, but now seems to resent the thought that we might revert back to neo-liberal centrism! Pick a lane mate!

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Really hot here. Pyssed off that the General Election has been postponed. I'd hoped that half the campaign would be over before I get back to the UK.

My turn to organise the GE party though, so I suppose it gives me a bit more time.

Love to all, but especially Zyles. xxx
    It does get very hot down there
    Hope you & Persephone aren't enjoying it
    & I do wish you would retract your last comment however .......as tongues will wag
    What say you wrinkly?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 07-09-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Then we leave without a deal.

I think we should do a Gina Miller and get a court order to abolish the recent law that says we can't leave the EU without a deal as it is not taking into consideration that the EU could push us into leaving without a deal so the law is pointless.

Where do I stand Kerr?
    Yes but will the minority accept it ?
    There is no deal, not one to suit everyone. There’s going to be winners and losers. Somewhere along the way there’s got to be compromise from the EU and UK.
    More than three years on from a referendum and two years of negotiations and still no nearer to leaving, ridiculous situation to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Yes but will the minority accept it ?
    There is no deal, not one to suit everyone. There’s going to be winners and losers. Somewhere along the way there’s got to be compromise from the EU and UK.
    More than three years on from a referendum and two years of negotiations and still no nearer to leaving, ridiculous situation to be in.
    It is a ridiculous situation to be in because the remoaners decided to ignore the law that said that the referendum result would be respected and that we would leave the EU if the people voted out. That bill was passed in the commons and lords and was given royal assent. Now all of a sudden the remoaners are saying if Boris ignores the law they might send him to jail. ****ers the ****ing lot of em who will not accept the will of the people.

Staying in the EU for an extra minimum of 3 months would cost 3.3 billion pounds and get us absolutely nothing in return yet the Labour party who are supposed to be the peoples party would rather throw that money away instead of spending on the NHS or police etc.

I just cannot get my head around what is happening to democracy and this country because it seems that MP's who want to keep their fat wallets fatter have the power to overturn what the people tell them what they have to do.

We don't live in a democracy anymore.

I'd line all remoaners up against a wall.

I had a conversation last night with a lady who is a Labour and a Corbyne supporter. We spoke about the GDP and how it's calculated, how it effects every day life and how it's use reduces the amount of things you can buy for the same amount of money year on year.

In the end she called me a capitalist and stopped talking to me

Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast