+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    How about voting for an Independent candidate then.
    They aren't shackled by local or central party directives and are, in a lot of instances, local people who understand local issues
    Waste of time flour in my opinion , we have local councillors to deal with local issues .

To have Parliament full of independent MP's is a flawed concept , nobody will agree on anything and you'd have the brexit scenario played out on every aspect of our lives today .

Like it or lump it someone has to govern with a majority government or nothing would ever get done .

This whole brexit debacle when you look at history and who the two major parties interests are generally supposed to represent should see the tories campaigning robustly to remain within the EU and Labour solidly behind the leave vote so I was pretty fecked from the moment the referendum was announced .

I dont know if anyone watched Question Time on the BBC on Thursday but what we heard from Emily Thornberry was utter tripe and totally unworkable and this is supposed to be the Labour stance on the EU.

She said that the Labour policy was to go to the EU and try to get the best deal that they could get (Dont forget that she would be part of any negotiations made) and then put it to a new referendum but then she would vote against that deal because they want to stay in the EU.

How the **** would that work???????????? Labour are now the most two faced ****s who have ever represented the Labour Party.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I dont know if anyone watched Question Time on the BBC on Thursday but what we heard from Emily Thornberry was utter tripe and totally unworkable and this is supposed to be the Labour stance on the EU.

She said that the Labour policy was to go to the EU and try to get the best deal that they could get (Dont forget that she would be part of any negotiations made) and then put it to a new referendum but then she would vote against that deal because they want to stay in the EU.

How the **** would that work???????????? Labour are now the most two faced ****s who have ever represented the Labour Party.

I actually agree with you on this. I'm all for them negotiating a different deal that has a better chance of uniting parliament, and for agreeing to put that up against Remain in a referendum, so that the public can choose but I'm hoping that she's not suggesting that the party would whip against their own deal! She's a staunch remainer, and I'd allow Labour MPs to vote with their own judgement even if against the whip (unlike Boris - love from Amber x) so she might be talking of her own stance here. But if Labour campaign against their own deal, that would be ridiculous. Everything is gone mad at the moment. I'm going Green

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I actually agree with you on this. I'm all for them negotiating a different deal that has a better chance of uniting parliament, and for agreeing to put that up against Remain in a referendum, so that the public can choose but I'm hoping that she's not suggesting that the party would whip against their own deal! She's a staunch remainer, and I'd allow Labour MPs to vote with their own judgement even if against the whip (unlike Boris - love from Amber x) so she might be talking of her own stance here. But if Labour campaign against their own deal, that would be ridiculous. Everything is gone mad at the moment. I'm going Green
    The point I am making regardless of if she would vote against it is irrelevant but how could we trust her to walk in to Europe and try to make a good deal for us when she is like May in that no deal would be good enough for her to vote for? What could possibly motivate her to fight for a good deal?
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 07-09-2019 at 09:17 PM.

We were away in Torquay this week on holiday but I watched it in our room with a few bottles , glad I had them chilled and at hand .

I couldn't believe what I was watching with regard to Thornberry , crinchworthy and a total embarrassment , Thornberry should join the Lib Dems if she feels like that about remaining in the EU alongside many more from the Labour Party .

To be honest I'd expect to be shafted by the tories because that's pretty much my experience of them during my working life , South Yorkshire and Blair weren't so much shafted but they were thrown better benefits instead which didn't and never would make up for real investment in jobs and futures .

I ain't a clue what Corbyn stands for post referendum I really don't , everything just contradicts whatever he's supposed to represent .

I've given the bloke a very good bat of the ball but today to me he's sold out and from a man of left persuasion that's unforgivable and I don't do getting sold out by my supposed own .

The Labour Party can get annihilated at the GE for all I care .

They have not been the Labour Party for the working class people of this country since 1994 and I will let you guess who was leader then.

I keep posting this because this is the truth.

In the interests of balance, this is also the truth but as opposed to your Cameron link (from 2015), it is from the Vote Leave website:

"Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop - we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave"

http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net...pdf?1463496002

And from the Conservative manifesto, that persuaded us to vote for their version of Brexit:

“We need to deliver a smooth and orderly departure from the European Union and forge a deep and special partnership with our friends and allies across Europe.”

It reiterated this need 8 times in the manifesto in order to secure enough votes from us to give them permission to negotiate the deal. We gave them permission on this basis.

Never ever going to get a deal when most of parliament are stabbing the negotiations in the back. Speak with one voice and we would get a better deal

Who on here thinks that these remoaner MP's who are forcing Boris to go and ask for an extension are traitors to the UK. What they are doing is to try and force the queen to give her consent to a law that would undermine her own government! How can that be right?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    In the interests of balance, this is also the truth but as opposed to your Cameron link (from 2015), it is from the Vote Leave website:

"Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop - we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave"

http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net...pdf?1463496002

And from the Conservative manifesto, that persuaded us to vote for their version of Brexit:

“We need to deliver a smooth and orderly departure from the European Union and forge a deep and special partnership with our friends and allies across Europe.”

It reiterated this need 8 times in the manifesto in order to secure enough votes from us to give them permission to negotiate the deal. We gave them permission on this basis.
    Are you for real? did you even listen to what he said? He said that he was negotiating with the EU right now and the outcome of that deal is what we were voting on. So now go away and try to find something that you can at least not lie about to back up your argument.

Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast