+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    In the interests of balance, this is also the truth but as opposed to your Cameron link (from 2015), it is from the Vote Leave website:

"Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop - we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave"

http://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net...pdf?1463496002

And from the Conservative manifesto, that persuaded us to vote for their version of Brexit:

“We need to deliver a smooth and orderly departure from the European Union and forge a deep and special partnership with our friends and allies across Europe.”

It reiterated this need 8 times in the manifesto in order to secure enough votes from us to give them permission to negotiate the deal. We gave them permission on this basis.
    It also said that if we could not reach a deal we would leave with no deal but I guess you forgot about that bit eh!

Amber Rudd has gone now and Macron is talking about not giving an extension.
    Something’s got to give somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Amber Rudd has gone now and Macron is talking about not giving an extension.
    Something’s got to give somewhere.
    Macron has said that he would not back an extension on every other occasion but changed his mind when it came to it and he will do the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Waste of time flour in my opinion , we have local councillors to deal with local issues .
    In the long term I'd agree but you could use your next vote to fire some shots across the bows of the mainstream political parties to say large parts of the public won't put up with their selfish antics anymore.
    Change their ways or find another job so I don't think it's a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We were away in Torquay this week on holiday but I watched it in our room with a few bottles , glad I had them chilled and at hand .

I couldn't believe what I was watching with regard to Thornberry , crinchworthy and a total embarrassment , Thornberry should join the Lib Dems if she feels like that about remaining in the EU alongside many more from the Labour Party .

To be honest I'd expect to be shafted by the tories because that's pretty much my experience of them during my working life , South Yorkshire and Blair weren't so much shafted but they were thrown better benefits instead which didn't and never would make up for real investment in jobs and futures .

I ain't a clue what Corbyn stands for post referendum I really don't , everything just contradicts whatever he's supposed to represent .

I've given the bloke a very good bat of the ball but today to me he's sold out and from a man of left persuasion that's unforgivable and I don't do getting sold out by my supposed own .

The Labour Party can get annihilated at the GE for all I care .
    This Thornberry woman sums up the labour party now.A very wealthy remoaning MP living in lovey dovey land and together with her obstructing plotters have killed off any chance labour had of being electable.Corbyn has lied to us so many times since he bcame leader.Encouraging students to vote labour last election on the promise, student fees would be abolished.After the result he had to apologise that, that could not be done.He also said in the last election he would honour article 50 and take us out of the single market and custom union.A full U turn and he is on the other side of the fence.85% the election votes were for the two parties promising to take us out of jail.Where is the democracy?But the biggest lie is the one about wanting an election which he has been begging for,if he is confident he can win, don't be scared let the people decide where we want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    This Thornberry woman sums up the labour party now.A very wealthy remoaning MP living in lovey dovey land and together with her obstructing plotters have killed off any chance labour had of being electable.Corbyn has lied to us so many times since he bcame leader.Encouraging students to vote labour last election on the promise, student fees would be abolished.After the result he had to apologise that, that could not be done.He also said in the last election he would honour article 50 and take us out of the single market and custom union.A full U turn and he is on the other side of the fence.85% the election votes were for the two parties promising to take us out of jail.Where is the democracy?But the biggest lie is the one about wanting an election which he has been begging for,if he is confident he can win, don't be scared let the people decide where we want to be.
    A GE on or before the 19th of September will not happen because he knows they would lose and hanging on as leader of the Labour party means more to him than DEMOCRACY does.

The Government is disintegrating before the nations eyes at a time when the country is searching for what it actually wants to be going forward .

The Government will fall but nobody wants a GE as yet and I'm far from certain a GE would actually change anything given it's unlikely anyone can form a majority government without deals getting done .

Labour in bed with the SNP and the LD's would cost them another referendum in Scotland and firmly remaining in the EU in my opinion .

There's a fair chance the Tories could form a government with the Brexit Party and the DUP I guess but the moderates in the Tory seats may not stomach the recent goings on and could take their vote to the LD's .

It will probably come down to who can withstand the political damage the best , the Brexit Party could inflict serious wounds to Labour in the northern Brexit Heartlands and the LD's to the Tories in the moderate tory safe seats .

We could very easily have another stalemate in parliament which just compounds the situation even more .

Clearly what we have is a Remain v Leave election and who knows how this will play out .

As unpalatable a situation as I could ever envisage for me personally because whilst I want out of the EU and ain't voting for Farage to be running the country for the next five years , different gravy voting for him as a protest in the European elections and a GE because when all is said and done Brexit isn't the only show in town when running the country .

No I'll sit it out and I'll have to accept what others decide .

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Who on here thinks that these remoaner MP's who are forcing Boris to go and ask for an extension are traitors to the UK. What they are doing is to try and force the queen to give her consent to a law that would undermine her own government! How can that be right?
    they are traitors without doubt

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Macron has said that he would not back an extension on every other occasion but changed his mind when it came to it and he will do the same again.
    He’s trying to put pressure on the UK to sort it all out. No point in an extension, Boris won’t be asking for one, he’s got to come up with a deal when he next meets the EU in October.

The problem I have is none of the two main parties are worth voting for and I refuse to vote for Farage.
    It’s going to be a messy GE when it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    they are traitors without doubt
    I would go as far as to say that it is high treason from these remoanser tossers. Colluding with a foreign power to undermine our government and to also make the queen undermine her own government. They should be jailed for what they are doing never mind left to fight a GE.

Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast