+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Democracy

Boris will hopefully find that legal loophole and bypass the people who want to stop Brexit.....shame on you.
    Roll on 1 Nov when we'll be free of the EU shackles.
    No one will be falling off the precipice that the naughty scaremongers would have us believe

The problem with Labours position now is they are saying should they win any upcoming election they will negotiate a new deal and put it back to the people with remaining in the E.U. as an option

They would then campaign to remain in the E.U.

Now is it just me that wouldn't trust anyone adopting that position to go and negotiate a good deal for us

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    If Labour spoke for you and others with similar view on here, what would you want them to say?

Accept the WA?
    Argue to remove the backstop and if successful accept the WA? Would you want Corbyn to follow that line?
    Leave without a deal regardless of the risk and despite it being against the wishes of the 48% and? %of the 52%,and against 70% of Labour members?

It may indeed cost us labour heartlands support no not blame the EU and immigrants for our domestic problems and mak. But I'm glad we're not pursuing populist solutions as they aren't going to achieve the fairer society we want. Just points fingers away from where the real problems away, and in this case leaves us wide open for disaster capitalism once again to move in, slash taxes (response to economic hit) and asset stripping from (mainly non UK) businesses and oligarchs.

We keep dancing to their tunes dont we?
    If Labour lose the heartlands then they can never win an election with a majority Raging and so the society we'd like to see won't ever happen .

Remaining in the EU only favours the neoliberal policies we've endured since the 80's , austerity , tax breaks for the wealthy and the shrinking of the state are all policies rubber stamped by the EU .

I'm appalled by the left who hide behind the EU as a means of protecting workers rights when in fact it's just a bunch of opt outs and mere crumbs thrown from Brussels .

What have the left become ? , slaves to the EU project perhaps ? .

I remember a time when we were led by real people who won us rights that still stand today and didn't accept crumbs from a neoliberal project , Bob Crow will be turning in his grave .

If we want a fairer society the first thing to go is the EU followed by the Tories .

Otherwise it's never going to happen .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 08-09-2019 at 07:48 PM.

The problem with Labours position now is they are saying should they win any upcoming election they will negotiate a new deal and put it back to the people with remaining in the E.U. as an option

They would then campaign to remain in the E.U.

Now is it just me that wouldn't trust anyone adopting that position to go and negotiate a good deal for us

It's worse than that miller172

On the Andrew Marr show this morning Labours shadow chancellor john McDonnell admitted, under pressure from the host, that the option to exit the EU without a deal would not even be on the list of questions on a new referendum.

So already they are planning to skew the questions in favour of remaining and they won't even ask a question they don't like.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 08-09-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Oh dear. Big lad. Calm down.

So let me get this straight: are you saying that Cameron's attempt to renegotiate terms with the eu in 2015 counts as the deal, and that the 2016 referendum was an in out vote based on the terms of the deal that Cameron failed to renegotiate (ie the one we had all along)? Is that really what you're saying?
    For gods sake man listen to what he says in the video it's really not that hard to understand.

The Labour Party are the biggest set of traitorous ****s in the history of this country.

Anyone voting for them at the next election should be shot.

We’ll negotiate a deal and then campaign against it, what a set of total and utter ****ing bellends.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    For gods sake man listen to what he says in the video it's really not that hard to understand.
    Please just answer my question. It's strait forward. Do you really think that Camerons failed negotiation is what we were voting on in 2016?

Please just answer my question. It's strait forward. Do you really think that Camerons failed negotiation is what we were voting on in 2016?
    I do not need to answer the question because that is what the PM at the time said. Now run along little boy and pick your dummy up on your way out.

It's simply not in Labour's interests to improve people lives and living conditions.

If they did that then those people might vote Tory or Lib Dem.

They want to keep people poor, on benefits, and voting for them.

They've decided after much flipping and flopping to go for Remain because it turns out "Marxist" McDonnell is yet another EU stooge, wonder what he's been promised?
    Last edited by great_fire; 08-09-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's simply not in Labour's interests to improve people lives and living conditions.

If they did that then those people might vote Tory or Lib Dem.

They want to keep people poor, on benefits, and voting for them.
    They don't have to adopt such a policy Fire , lack of social mobility opportunity sees to that .

The system is rigged anyone can see that .

I'll give you an example , would Tony Blair have won a landslide victory in 1997 with the very same policies , team around him with a broad Barnsley accent ?

Yes or No .

Page 27 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast