+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Cards on the table, BigLad, I really don't like the EU, because it lacks proper democratic controll, but I voted remain because all the younger people that I know are remainers and it will be their world when I shuffle off in twenty years or so.

But I think we have to respect the referendum.

I can't accept the reasons that BoJo gives for proroguation however. If beggars belief. I would have preferred a bit of honesty .
    Kerr, I voted to leave for the same reason as you did (for the younger people) I do not want to see my grandchildren called up to an EU army which is exactly the way it is going. I want my grandchildren to live in a free country and not a dictatorship and again that is the way the EU works. There are many more reasons which are to numerous to mention here but you get my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Kerr, I voted to leave for the same reason as you did (for the younger people) I do not want to see my grandchildren called up to an EU army which is exactly the way it is going. I want my grandchildren to live in a free country and not a dictatorship and again that is the way the EU works. There are many more reasons which are to numerous to mention here but you get my drift.
    Yet on another post you said the main reason was immigration.

You are not related to Lord Kerr Mr kerr by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Cards on the table, BigLad, I really don't like the EU, because it lacks proper democratic controll, but I voted remain because all the younger people that I know are remainers and it will be their world when I shuffle off in twenty years or so.

But I think we have to respect the referendum.

I can't accept the reasons that BoJo gives for proroguation however. If beggars belief. I would have preferred a bit of honesty .
    I've heard it all now Kerr
    You don't like the EU because it lacks proper democratic control but in spite of this you nevertheless voted to remain & leave these younger people embroiled in such an undemocratic organisation [your words not mine]
    Do you not know any leave supporters?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    He did say there were many more reasons. Can't you read WCM?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    He did say there were many more reasons. Can't you read WCM?
    You cannot educate pork Exile

I may well have said that immigration was a factor but I do not think I said it was the main reason alone.

I may well have said that immigration was a factor but I do not think I said it was the main reason alone.
    "The true effect of immigration is seen in housing, healthcare, crime and education more than jobs and is the main reason I voted to leave." 12.09.19.

"The true effect of immigration is seen in housing, healthcare, crime and education more than jobs and is the main reason I voted to leave." 12.09.19.
    I think he may have you on this one BL

Here you have it folks. Direct from the horses mouth. The EMPIRE of Europe is not a myth after all.

The word Empire seems to cause brexiteers to spontaneously combust.

"The Empire of Europe not a myth"!! Yet at no point in this piece does Verhofstadt describe the EU as an Empire. The myth is you trying to portray it as such.

Verhofstadt says the new world order is not based on nation states and countries but Empires.* He describes India, China and USA as Empires.* But, crucially, he says we Europeans can only defend our interests against thrm by doing it together 'in a European framework in the European Union'.* Put this together with his initial statement that the EU needs to reform and modernise it does not sound like a call to build an Empire to me.

I totally agree with him btw.

Opinions BIG LAD please dont wrap them up as fact (I was told once by a very big guy from the official site).

Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast