+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Democracy

O/T Democracy

Who else noticed all those EU flags on the anti democratic protests yesterday? Funny as fcuk or what!

Is Nando’s hot sauce spicier than the extra hot?

I think it is.

**** em all.

Got to laugh at these feeble minded sheep that are bleating about what Boris has done and how undemocratic it is.

We’re only in this position because they kicked against the democratic decision to leave the EU

As Stovic quite rightly says feck the lot of them

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Got to laugh at these feeble minded sheep that are bleating about what Boris has done and how undemocratic it is.

We’re only in this position because they kicked against the democratic decision to leave the EU

As Stovic quite rightly says feck the lot of them
    Very appropriate actually, as Stovic is a village in Foca in Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Who else noticed all those EU flags on the anti democratic protests yesterday? Funny as fcuk or what!
    Best speakers yesterday in London were those who, being left of centre, voted to leave from the EU as the neo liberal organisation out is. But now are joining us (not as eu supporters but as parliamentary democracy advocates) against the government as they are pissed off that their vote has been hijacked by Johnson and the far right for their own ends.

Quite happy to leave with the WA. Quite happy to leave with No Deal. But only if our elected representatives vote finally that this is in our national interest. That's our parliamentary democracy. Any other way is quite frightening..

Spent most of last night last night in the slammer in Charing Cross. Nothing violent, just obstruction. First time in my life. Wife was thankfully spared that but thankfully had great solidarity from others who supported us at the station until we were released. (Coppers were great too tbf, completely on our side but doing their job) I would never have done that for Remain. I have never marched on Remain demos. Yesterday was simply because we have a new government that is clearly trying to bypass our parliamentary democracy.

I realise how frustrating it is for people who voted to leave in the advisory referendum but I can't see how shutting down our parliamentary democracy can be a positive thing. Its very easy to agree with Cumming's actions (cos he's your leader, make no mistake) on this occasion if you agree with this policy, but what about next time? What if a left wing loon is voted in and wants to super tax high earners up to 90% against the wishes of parliament? Is this really where we want to go?

(Just a quick hi to Kerr who I noted with merriment is trying to direct our attention away from this calamity to football posts. Nice one Kerr! :-))

Hi raging. I'm just a bit fed up of the whole thing. Does it do any good for Biggie, WanChai and you to slog it out in a manner reminiscent of a group of street drinkers fighting over the last bottle of White Lightning (with Roly running around your ankles like an over excited Jack Russell)?

I'm flying out on my hols on Wednesday and am going somewhere with limited phone and internet coverage. Bliss. Hopefully it will all be over when I get back.

Corbyn says that he will do anything to prevent a no deal. That'll be why he whipped his MPs to vote against a deal on three separate occasions.

I don't like what Johnson is doing, save that he is bringing matters to a head. If Parliament find a way to block him, he will call a GE and hopefully we will get a Parliament who actually says what they want as opposed to what they don't want.

Hypocritical to say what Boris is doing is undemocratic.
    The vote said leave but because some MP,s don't like the answer and think the public should have voted in a different way they now wish to change the result by clandestine means.
    They should look at themselves before criticising others. Very ironic

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Hi raging. I'm just a bit fed up of the whole thing. Does it do any good for Biggie, WanChai and you to slog it out in a manner reminiscent of a group of street drinkers fighting over the last bottle of White Lightning (with Roly running around your ankles like an over excited Jack Russell)?

I'm flying out on my hols on Wednesday and am going somewhere with limited phone and internet coverage. Bliss. Hopefully it will all be over when I get back.

Corbyn says that he will do anything to prevent a no deal. That'll be why he whipped his MPs to vote against a deal on three separate occasions.

I don't like what Johnson is doing, save that he is bringing matters to a head. If Parliament find a way to block him, he will call a GE and hopefully we will get a Parliament who actually says what they want as opposed to what they don't want.
    That's fair enough Kerr. Shame you can't keep yourself from being so superior to others that exchange views on here, especially when you do exactly the same thing. Come on, me and you have slugged it out on some posts till the white lightening has gone and the soup ******** have booted us out! Less so obviously now that the conservatives are at a level that even you can't defend any more! Better to try and direct attention to the footy threads innit? All of a sudden! ;-)

Have a good holiday pal. Sounds good to me. World's a ****ing mess, less comms from it the better :-)

What's so special about democracy anyway? We should vote to get rid of it.

Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast