+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashes 4th Test at Old Trafford

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Ignore the score too. It's time that the partnership consumes too. If I was out there I'd be jiggling it about in between balls. Moving up and down. Not getting stuck in the crease for too long. Keeping a breast of the cracks. Riding a bit of variable bounce. Then I'd play some cricket
    Muckee Sod , ennyrooard wi feytin back a bit nar wi Route 66

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Muckee Sod , ennyrooard wi feytin back a bit nar wi Route 66
    We were!

Al tell thi nar. Summat's not reyt at that ECB.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

If they get 450 + best we'll get izza draw, probably looiz. I blame Hoss.
    If we gerraway wi it al wear a Leach latex bald eead, black glasses and teeth at ooam to Leeds.

Luvvit those lads yisterdi at Old Trafford.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 08-09-2019 at 04:25 PM.

OZ fully deserved their retaining of the ashes which is a particularly painful thing to accept .

Not at anytime have England looked to be the better side in this series and it would have been a travesty if we'd gone to the Oval still all square .

England have had their moments but not had enough of them .

The positives for me were that Burns could have a test future as an opener .

Stokes is the best all rounder in the world .

The emergence of Archer is a major plus with Anderson and Broad coming towards the end of their careers .

Clearly we need to rebuild in certain areas if we are to get the urn back down under in two years time .

We need another opener to compliment Burns .

Another young quick fast bowler needs to emerge to take the strain off Archer .

The middle order is another question mark and Root as captain still divides opinions .

Quite a few series coming up in the next couple of years to blood some young talent and this needs to happen .

Smith has been unbelievable. Arguably some of the best batting I've seen and clearly the difference between the teams. Our batsmen were poor and never really showed up. England frustrated me throughout this series. The potential is there but we had too many bad days at the office. It cost us the matches at edgbaston and at old Trafford.

Headingley was obviously the highlight for us and it gave us memories we will not forget in a hurry. The oval test is one we really should be looking to win so we don't lose the series. In past days of England cricket we've just rolled over in these kind of matches and i don't want to see that happen. There's a great deal of pride still at stake. The Aussies may have retained the ashes and congratulations to them on that but let's not lose the series, the supporters don't deserve it cos they've been magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Smith has been unbelievable. Arguably some of the best batting I've seen and clearly the difference between the teams. Our batsmen were poor and never really showed up. England frustrated me throughout this series. The potential is there but we had too many bad days at the office. It cost us the matches at edgbaston and at old Trafford.

Headingley was obviously the highlight for us and it gave us memories we will not forget in a hurry. The oval test is one we really should be looking to win so we don't lose the series. In past days of England cricket we've just rolled over in these kind of matches and i don't want to see that happen. There's a great deal of pride still at stake. The Aussies may have retained the ashes and congratulations to them on that but let's not lose the series, the supporters don't deserve it cos they've been magnificent.
    Agree Pass lets extend that home record against OZ for at least another 4 years even if the ashes have gone .

Booooo !

That Smith and Warner are cheeats and shudda been banned for life.

"They've got sandpaper in their hands,
    They've got sandpaper in their hands,
    They've got sandpaper in their hands,
    Sandpaper in their hands."

And they dragged that young lad into their shameful cheeating. A can't bear to look at 'em. Shud be onna Cricket Cheeats Offenders Register and not be allowed near a cricket ball.

Boooooo !
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-09-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12