+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Man and His Loon At The Fitba

One Man and His Loon At The Fitba

Nae sure if its any interest to anyone but i've been keeping a record on a blog of the games i've been going to, along with other sh@t. I was press ganged into it by a former poster and another couple of folk. I plan on a book eventually and this will help jog my memory a bit. Plus you never know who might see it. I'm now up to ten games for the season and it has a bit of substance now so id be as well tell folk about it

So if you have a spare minute or at a loose end...…..

www.fitbawbag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Nae sure if its any interest to anyone but i've been keeping a record on a blog of the games i've been going to, along with other sh@t. I was press ganged into it by a former poster and another couple of folk. I plan on a book eventually and this will help jog my memory a bit. Plus you never know who might see it. I'm now up to ten games for the season and it has a bit of substance now so id be as well tell folk about it

www.fitbawbag.com
    I've had a squint through it for now pal and will read it properly when I have a bitty mare time.
    But I would like to compliment on you what looks like a pretty decent "adventure" fair play to you pal and keep it up.

Good stuff min

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I've had a squint through it for now pal and will read it properly when I have a bitty mare time.
    But I would like to compliment on you what looks like a pretty decent "adventure" fair play to you pal and keep it up.

Good stuff min
    Its been fun like. 46 goals, fighting, mannies challenges(Dungannon especially, it was like a time warp), a few sending affs, days oot with the Wee Man, touring Scotland and beyond, nice folks(Blyth, Dundalk, Beith, Kelty, Cliftonville), some f@cking fantastic strikes(Islavale especially) meeting the president of the NIFL at Dungannon, and visiting new grounds galore.

A fine change.

Editorial advice available when you're done.

Mates' rates.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 02-09-2019 at 09:59 AM. Reason: The movement you need is on your shoulder

Excellent body of work. (not read it all yet) built on tangible love and joy of our beautiful game that is fitba.. devotion is a pleasure when its so much fun. Look forward to your book joining the list.

Have you ever thought about contributing to the grasshopper magazine 'football weekends'?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Editorial advice available when you're done.

Mates' rates.
    Ill give you a shout min

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

www.fitbawbag.com
    Some of my best memories of my now lost boy are the away days at the football. Hampden for the finals and semi finals (would have been even better if he hadn't been cheated out of seeing us win trophies by cheats), highland league pre-season games long weekends in the tent, the first away game of the season was a tradition and then sh1te like coming home after Stenhousemuir. Great days and great time spent with the boy. Good memories that get dimmer as times passes by. No mobiles in those days, so no photos. One thing I really miss is I can't remember his voice. Writing down your memories with photos and videos, such a good idea. Too late for me but will be precious for you in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Some of my best memories of my now lost boy are the away days at the football. Hampden for the finals and semi finals (would have been even better if he hadn't been cheated out of seeing us win trophies by cheats), highland league pre-season games long weekends in the tent, the first away game of the season was a tradition and then sh1te like coming home after Stenhousemuir. Great days and great time spent with the boy. Good memories that get dimmer as times passes by. No mobiles in those days, so no photos. One thing I really miss is I can't remember his voice. Writing down your memories with photos and videos, such a good idea. Too late for me but will be precious for you in the future.
    So sorry to hear that.

Part of the reason i startes this is i dont want it to dim like you said. Ive never been happier in life than i am now. So i dont want him or me to forget. Dementias rife in my family that always worries me.

I have everything logged from every game the wee man has been at even before this season. 32 grounds and 34 games. Starting at Colony Park Juniors. I even have an old school sticky photo album/scrap book for him. Hope he appreciates it when hes older. He says its his favourite thing going to fitba with me so ill be keeping it up untill its not his favourite. Last thing he said when i dropped him off at school today was "who we seeing when your back". Quality

Unfortunatley not logged for me as i only really became a nerd when i split with the wife. I was on around sixty grounds then. I have all grounds (157) and every team ive ever seen written down(248) . But photos start at Keith v Brora Dec 2015

We willl just make the most of it while we can. Next time home so far , Spartans v East Stirling, Arbroath Vics v Brechin Vics(try again as getting mugged last time away prevented it), TNS v Airbus, Huntly v Formartinks(hes never been) and the big one is Accrington Stanley v Gillingham. (there will be others added) Ill nip down to Cefn Druids v Newtown(have an oldest team challenge on this season) on my own too and hit Dundee North End v Broughty on the way back up the road.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 04-09-2019 at 02:08 PM.

I forgot to reply to this thread even though I read the blog whilst on the bus.

Good stuff, it kept me occupied. I'm sure there's a groundhopper community but I've never reached out. I think there's a guy called Peter Miles that has an interesting blog too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast