+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BT Sports 1 United V Roma

BT Sports 1 United V Roma

Showing Dundee United V Roma here in the U.S. right now 😳

Was in the JK for that one.
    Derek Stark's thumper
    We were so good anyone would have thought we must be on drugs. Kunts

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Was in the JK for that one.
    Derek Stark's thumper
    We were so good anyone would have thought we must be on drugs. Kunts
    I was in the shed, it was a great night,

I won enough money on that match for me and my mate(RIP) to go to the 2nd leg in Rome by train.That was not such a good day!.In this day and age posters may not believe that but its a FACT i boarded a train in Dundee and landed up in Rome 2 days later.It was done through a company or discount thing called Transalpino,if you look it up Liverpool fans used it for european travel too.

Ralphies' miss that would have made it 3:0 on aggregate hurts to this day.

I was working in Libya at the time and arrived back at Heathrow the morning after. I asked the immigration guy the United score and he told me that they won. Big whoops until I found out he meant Manchester United!

Quote Originally Posted by OmaniArab View Post
    Ralphies' miss that would have made it 3:0 on aggregate hurts to this day.
    You know what, I don’t think it actually mattered in the end. If Roma had needed four, they would’ve gotten four. We were simply not going to be allowed to leave that stadium with a result that day. It was as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    You know what, I don’t think it actually mattered in the end. If Roma had needed four, they would’ve gotten four. We were simply not going to be allowed to leave that stadium with a result that day. It was as simple as that.
    Think you're right there James. Even back then UEFA would have wanted a Liverpool Roma final. Even without Roma's bribery you could see UEFA fixing that now we can look back and see how corrupt they were too.

Quote Originally Posted by OmaniArab View Post
    I was working in Libya at the time and arrived back at Heathrow the morning after. I asked the immigration guy the United score and he told me that they won. Big whoops until I found out he meant Manchester United!
    I still have the Italian paper with the headline,Roma,Juve OH YES!.Man U got beat from Juventus mate.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I won enough money on that match for me and my mate(RIP) to go to the 2nd leg in Rome by train.That was not such a good day!.In this day and age posters may not believe that but its a FACT i boarded a train in Dundee and landed up in Rome 2 days later.It was done through a company or discount thing called Transalpino,if you look it up Liverpool fans used it for european travel too.
    Left Dundee on a bus Sunday afternoon, arrived in Rome wednesday morning then stayed the night after the game. Got back to Scotland saturday morning and went straight to Motherwell for a league game. Eventualy got home Saturday night after a 7 day unforgettable journey through Europe.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)