+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notts Webchat with Leigh Curtis...

Notts Webchat with Leigh Curtis...

Going live now for anyone interested...

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-leigh-3275962

I don’t know if it’s just me but I find Leigh Curtis so frustrating to read, yes I know if I don’t like what’s he’s writing about then don’t read, but I have to get my information from somewhere, so…

He still believes Nolan would have kept us up and that he didn’t deserve the sack even though the team had a top budget (and let’s be honest the idea at the time of the sacking was in that someone could get us promoted).

He dwells on this, without giving delving into why, yet both managers post Nolan actually believed the players weren’t fit enough and the preseason was to blame…if we had bad eggs in the feeding room which has been mentioned we should have just thrown them out, told them to stay at home, not as if the squad wasn’t big enough.

He then carries on comparing NA to Danny Cowley at Lincoln and even more ridiclulously top premier league managers…I mean how ridiculous, if that’s the case we should easily win the league this year then.…you shouldn’t sack the manager if he has good pedigree I agree with this, and no I’m not in the sack NA camp, but to believe that a manager has no effect on how a team plays is just poor judgement.

He then talks about how NA had a list of 50 players in the summer of players who he would like to sign, one being Mat Saddler, a towering 5’10 CB who is now plying his trade at Walsall (19th league two) who’s 34yrs old and who just lost 3-1 to Grimsby. I would love to see this list of players as I doubt Ben Turner was on it for instance, but he will have a bigger impact on our team than Saddler ever would.

I believe Bakayogo was on the list? (Think I remember reading that) however he is seen as a back up presently? Not that I think hes a bad signing. It just seems like this list is a lame excuse as to why we aren’t doing well, as in we didn’t get our number one choices so we have a reason to be mid table. The squad he has assembled,and all credit to him, is mostly well balanced and better than most we will come up against this season for sure.

He then sticks up for Graham saying he was partially to blame for the first goal, what about the third? What about the miscommunication at Ebbsfleet for the second? What about being turned easily for the Wrexham winner? It’s individual errors that are costing us points, and if them individual errors are causing costly goals they need to be dropped.

Set pieces are also an issue which is why Cowley is so good at Lincoln, they defend set pieces well and can score from them also. I think this is one of the reasons we have a vocal minority of NA out supporters, we are terrible at conceding goals from set pieces, who is at fault here Leigh?

I don’t think NA deserves the sack but to believe that making the same errors game after game, especially set pieces, isn’t somewhat down to the manger I don’t know what to tell him.

Sorry for the essay needed to vent somewhere.

... do you really expect NA to pass out criticisms of players to the media?
    Praise in public, *******ings in private - always.
    Remember Brian Clough, when asked after a match, who was his best player he mostly would say John McGovern ... however shyte he played.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    Remember Brian Clough, when asked after a match, who was his best player he mostly would say John McGovern ... however shyte he played.
    McGovern was crucial to Forest's success. Their rise coincided with his arrival, their fall with his departure.

I would not compare Ardley to Clough in any aspect. He is comparable with Kiwomya and Fullarton.

No I don’t, and I wouldn’t want him to. But in the same vein I don’t want us starting an inexperienced 19 yr old Cb who plays exceptionally well for 89mins only to be at fault for a goal which costs us points.

Don’t get me wrong Graham will turn out good more than likely, he seems to have all the attributes. However do we really want to be starting such a player when we seem so fragile defensively? He is still learning and is much greener than The other options at Cb imo.

The funny thing about Scoop is that he gets stuck into Liverpool, European champions and premier league leaders, more than Notts, nowhere in the National League.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 03-09-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    Set pieces are also an issue which is why Cowley is so good at Lincoln, they defend set pieces well and can score from them also. I think this is one of the reasons we have a vocal minority of NA out supporters, we are terrible at conceding goals from set pieces, who is at fault here Leigh?

I don’t think NA deserves the sack but to believe that making the same errors game after game, especially set pieces, isn’t somewhat down to the manger I don’t know what to tell him.
    From nearly a year ago:
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...y-must-2278857

Cut out the goals conceded from crosses

It was interesting to note that during Ardley’s press conference, the owner Alan Hardy revealed how his new manager had analysed every goal they have conceded this season.

His findings were that 73 per cent of the goals they have shipped in this term have come from crosses into the box which is something that has been previously highlighted, but not eradicated.

The challenge facing Ardley is stopping this becoming a regular source of pain because teams know it is a weakness and have exploited it regularly.
    Nearly a year on and any new manager would have the same analysis. Even worse, opposing managers can see it too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    You're having a laugh if you think Ardley gives them anything in private more hurtful than a withering look. He's even said after we've come off playing complete crap that there's no point being too hard on them. It's this that will cost us in the long run. He seems to be able to attract players but not motivate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    From nearly a year ago:
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...y-must-2278857

Nearly a year on and any new manager would have the same analysis. Even worse, opposing managers can see it too.
    This. So Ardley identified we can't stop conceding from crosses and nearly a year later we still can't. Wow.

The headline read 'answers to winger incoming' and despite reading it 3 times i'm still waiting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast