+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Keith Hill

O/T Keith Hill

Does anyone else think it's slightly ironic that "Mr Holier Than Thou" has ended up as manager of Bolton?
    He said some pretty damning things about our club when we had our financial troubles and, if I remember correctly, accused us of cheating when we signed some players, including taking Alfie from Rochdale.
    However, he didn't hesitate to become manager of a club that has cheated several times by breaking Financial Fair Play rules, not paying its players and failing to fulfil two fixtures. Even TS has said what is happening is unfair on teams who have not played them yet because they can now go out and sign players despite all their misdemeanours.
    Presumably that's all ok in your world though Keith, because you've already trotted out "they're a big, traditional club with a long history" as though that means all the rule breaking should just be ignored.
    Let's just hope that cheats and hypocrites don't prosper.

Believe it or not I like Keith Hill and that’s not because I lived in Rochdale for 4 years back in the 80’s. Admitted he’s like Steve Evans.......Marmite!

But that said he’s out of work and it’s a job. He has the character to gel what’s left of a team and the drive and motivation to get the new incoming players who all know it’s going to be tough for them to survive. There’s been plenty of activity today.

I just hope he doesn’t turn it around until after they’ve played us.

I was thinking same thing but to be honest I don't think Hill was ever truly bothered about financial fair play and clubs being run responsibly. I think it was just sour grapes because we signed Le Fondre and he scored against them when we beat them 2-1 at Don valley (Warne scoring the other!).
    He went on a big rant about the state of the pitch because U2 had performed there 3 days before, made every excuse possible and threw in the comments about our "cheating" as part of his tirade.

A character no doubt is Mr Hill, but a sore loser definitely!

I'm not particularly fond of the man, but I don't support the view that there is hypocrisy in him joining Bolton. Yes, of course, if he decides to carry on like his predecessors there, then he should rightly be criticised - but there is every chance he will bring his Rochdale code of conduct to the new club and try to put them on a more ethical footing. To tar him with the same brush as previous Bolton managers just because he's now part of the set-up is a little unfair in my book.

Let's wait and see.

He's a tw@t

Worked miracles at Rochdale and knows a lot about football.
    A friend of mine has a son who is a coach in the lower leagues around the NW and all the coaches get together once or twice a year. All the pro teams attend incl prem and he said the one person who stands out and everyone listens to when he speaks is Keef.

Barnsley fans love him too but he Looks like he's been dressed by his wife at Topman

I think he also has a 100% win record at NYS as well.