+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolton building a team on D Day

Bolton building a team on D Day

Bolton already made 4 new signings today, I expect they will have a decent side when we play them. I cant understand how this can be fair when teams have been banging 5 past their youth players.

I can see the EFL being sued at the end of the season if a team losses out on promotion because another team has knocked five past them and they had to play a stronger team.

It will sure be interesting, hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

Quote Originally Posted by roscoemiller View Post
    Bolton already made 4 new signings today, I expect they will have a decent side when we play them. I cant understand how this can be fair when teams have been banging 5 past their youth players.

I can see the EFL being sued at the end of the season if a team losses out on promotion because another team has knocked five past them and they had to play a stronger team.

It will sure be interesting, hope it doesn't come back to bite us.
    Nothing is for certain but only Ipswich of the three who hit them for 5 would be considered serious promotion candidates. However, Gillingham and Tranmere could conceivably get into the top 6.

I understand folks concerns with this but for me it's not really an issue. Bolton are 5 games in to a 44 game season. If someone loses out on promotion or gets relegated etc on back of the GD that a team gained within the first 5 games of the season then you have to ask why they didn't do more over the 38/39 games that followed to seal their own fate.

If this happened at other end of season and Bolton closed out the season with youth players then I can see it as more of an issue that some teams could gain an advantage.

If, say, Tranmere sign a wonder striker in January window and he scores six past us could we argue we were disadvantaged because the teams they played in December didn't have to play against said striker?

Over course of a season there will be many swings and roundabouts that advantage and disadvantage teams, we all know the situation with Bolton so lets just deal with it and move on rather than having it ready in the excuse bank if things go wrong.

for us I don't see the issue, but Donny will be a bit miffed as their game was cancelled in between 2 of the 5-0 results,

Do you not read other posts?

Sounds like their first team will be decent but surely lacking backup. Will surely take a while to gel too. They might still struggle

O Grady and Murphy are ageing players.
    We know more than most not to take these type of players from Forest

With the current points deduction to get somewhere near 45-48pts for safety they need ~60pts from remaining 39 games. Dont think they will win 20 games, if they win 15, 15 draws, then they can't afford to lose another 10 games.

It wouldn't surprise me if they signed Zak Dearnley the ex Manu player we had on trial.
    Gone very quiet and he must live around that way

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if they signed Zak Dearnley the ex Manu player we had on trial.
    Gone very quiet and he must live around that way
    We injured him 😁

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast