+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday's performance

Friday's performance

Was interested to read one or two posters saying it wasn't a great performance, think OS even mentioned a poor performance.

Bear in mind I wasn't there, a far away opinion only watched on TV but apart from that 15 minute spell when McGowan dominated midfield when they were playing for pride I thought our performance was fantastic.

We did all the things that we've criticised Robbie and the team for before - started like a whirlwind, passion and energy, got the ball down, played it forward quicker, played quick incisive moves, created chances and were ruthless in taking them. Some of the wee triangles and layoffs reminded me of United of old. The confidence even at 1-1 was massive.

We absolutely blew them away. Ok we'll never know what the result would have been had we gone 1-0 down but tbh I think we still would've won.

Four wins out of four, this is a very different team from what we got used to. All credit to Robbie for turning it round. Ayr will be tough for sure but I think we have a side that can go on the road now and really go at teams.

(McGowan will start the next derby, hope Robbie has a plan for that)

It was a good performance, I wouldnt say outstanding one. It was one of these games where things were coming off in front of goal. The difference is Shankland. Even though he had a fairly quiet game confidence levels among the team have rocketed and the anxiety about putting the ball in to the net has gone. Remember the QOS game last season when the ball went everywhere except the net. The team now believe they will score and this counts for a lot and what was really pleasing was 5 of the goals were not Shankland's.

That's what happens when a team tries to keep one player quiet. Numerous teams before tried this with Luggy, then the usual suspects , "Bannon, Milne, Dodds" etc , ran riot. Same issue with Dalglish playing for Scotland,"seemingly" had loads of bad games at international level (don't agree misel) We have danger in nearly every area this season, I wouldn't like to be the oppositions manager before a game against us and try and convince their team the game is winnable! (thank funk)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    That's what happens when a team tries to keep one player quiet. Numerous teams before tried this with Luggy, then the usual suspects , "Bannon, Milne, Dodds" etc , ran riot. Same issue with Dalglish playing for Scotland,"seemingly" had loads of bad games at international level (don't agree misel) We have danger in nearly every area this season, I wouldn't like to be the oppositions manager before a game against us and try and convince their team the game is winnable! (thank funk)
    Enjoy it while it lasts.only 4 games gone now and you think you are Barcelona.blew us away on Friday but if you are honest it’s not won yet.

Nae **** sherlock.

What some including myself were disappointed with on Friday was wasting the opportunity to improve on our previous 6-2 victory.Shooting down the slope 5-1 up with 44 minutes to go against one of the worst Fun defences in history,it was a chance missed that we may never have again.
    All we needed to do was keep drawing fouls in their half as their keeper and centre halves were all over the shop with any high ball into the box.I don't think they will ever be that bad again in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by legendno9 View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts.only 4 games gone now and you think you are Barcelona.blew us away on Friday but if you are honest it’s not won yet.
    We are honest and nothing’s won yet. Not by a long chalk. Maybe you could quote a post from here that suggests otherwise. P.S. Must not be written by a Funster.

There is a thread on here specifically about this, have a look.

Legend, not seeing anyone comparing us to Barca, what I am seeing is fans over the moon about our improvement.
    Weve been here 3 seasons now, this is our fourth, and we've waited quite a while for a team to arrive so you're going to have to accept that now it has we're happy as fk.

What I dont get, is your spin doctors like Cobra (missing in action) saying United are a one guy team, stop Shankland you'll stop United, because as a dee fan who claims he knows everything there is to know about you and us he's been blown out of the water.
    You'll have another chance before long, be careful what you wish for because this side is on fire.

Just to add.. ok... you can see the appetite for Dundee United, sold out game on BT Sport, 10000 plus in our stands, this is the future, a bit like the past, get used to it.
    The Jute Barons sold up a very very long time ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)