+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The January 2020 Transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    What a load of rubbish...Joe Lewis hasn’t exactly been of great presence either.
    If anyone deserves credit this season it is Sam Cosgrove...without him scoring we would be absolutely abysmal.
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    And that right there pal is one of the biggest problems (on the pitch) with our club, the fact that it could even be a discussion point is worrying as fk.
    If there is any ambition at our club then we should not be relying on "players" (cough cough) of the p1ss poor standards of Mrs Cosgroves young brat to take us on from where we are.
    I've said it more than once he will never be a football player in a million years and we need to be bringing in better standard than that ffs.

As for a consistent performer this season, James Wilson must be worthy of a shout
    20 goals last season. 10 goals in 10 games this season so far yet all you do is criticise the lad - its ridiculous.

I know you watch all the games on TV so you probably dont see as much of the action as those of us there in the flesh so let me confirm for you that Cosgrove's movement, touch & link up play has improved immeasureably in the last season. Still plenty room for more improvement, but he's still young & its come on a bomb from the boy we saw first break into the team start of last season.

The critisicm I do agree with is he does tend to go down far too easily for a boy of his size, & he does miss a good few sitters (which striker doesnt), but his goalscoring record since November last year is outstanding, & that's what matters for a striker at the end of the day.

Lazio can't be wrong now can they

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    If there is any ambition at our club then we should not be relying on "players" (cough cough) of the p1ss poor standards of Mrs Cosgroves young brat to take us on from where we are.
    I've said it more than once he will never be a football player in a million years and we need to be bringing in better standard than that ffs.
    Embarrassing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    What a load of rubbish...Joe Lewis hasn’t exactly been of great presence either.
    If anyone deserves credit this season it is Sam Cosgrove...without him scoring we would be absolutely abysmal.
    Agreed that Cosgrove being fairly prolific ,especially with penalties , has been crucial for us. But , there have been a few games , even ones in which he’s scored , where his overall performance has been pretty poor. And , in my opinion he’s had more of those sort of poor performances in his position and designated role , than Considine has in his position.

In the 11 games we have played so far we have scored 18 goals and conceded 11 goals.

I wouldn’t say 18 goals in 11 games is that great but conceding 11 goals in 11 games would suggest that the defence has been poorer than the attacking players.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    In the 11 games we have played so far we have scored 18 goals and conceded 11 goals.

I wouldn’t say 18 goals in 11 games is that great but conceding 11 goals in 11 games would suggest that the defence has been poorer than the attacking players.
    That’s a good point. Not so long ago, one goal would be enough to win. That doesn’t sound too great as we should be pressing on and scoring more but we have become too easy to score against.

Now now. You ken stats mean nothing here to some. Stop wasting your breath

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Mini skirts and a that pish

Does it ? .....I’m not convinced that these stats back up your view. Especially given that 10 of our goals came in the first four European games against pretty weak opponents. I’d say that Dundee were a stronger team than either of them , or at least they were against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    My opinion about Considine isn’t based on stats. It’s based on seeing most of the games.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast