+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The January 2020 Transfer window

SaCk aNdReW cOnSiDiNe aNd HiS hUn SyMpaThIsiNg ViEwS!

Quote Originally Posted by afc_1983 View Post
    The Considine debate does the rounds on here every few months, and has done for the best part of a decade on these forums all in.

He goes through phases when he's fine, and he goes through periods when he's honking, but it was proven conclusively first in circa 2007, and then again regularly since then, that if you play Considine for a sustained period of time at centre back then the team's results falter.

The argument from his supporters is that he is better at centre back than at left back. Whether or not that is true (and I disagree) is moot, because he's fundamentally not good enough for our club at centre back if we are serious about actually winning things.

It's been that way for more than 10 years and it hasn't changed.

He is one of these players that is a useful back-up option - someone who can fill in when there's a short-term injury or suspension to a first teamer, but the fact some fans see him as a starter in central defence despite the weight of evidence over the long term against that view continues to stagger me to this day.

We can and must do better.
    Can’t argue with any of that.

"We can and must do better."

Pretty much sums up Milnes tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    We better watch oot Moog as the cops will be along soon accusing us of derailing a thread and taking it off topic.
    I have cut the donkey a wee bit of slack and have given him credit noo and again (nae very often right enougH) and I'm pretty sure you've seen that from me, His confidence for taking penalties is up there and thats a good thing as we do need someone consistently confident for penalty taking so fair play to the lad for having the level of confidence he has from the spot.
    As I said pal I will always stand by my thoughts since the very day we signed him and that will nae change from me, I think we have all gathered that by now.

Back on topic I still think there is a chance he might be away in the January 2020 transfer window for 99p and a packet of crisps.

Back off topic, as for the most consistent player so far this season, Ive said it afore and saying ot again I do believe that James Wilson is worthy of a shout for that accolade

Cheers moog and keep up the good work on your match reports I do enjoy reading them.
    You know how it is with nae being able to be a top red and all that and having to rely on Red TV International then your reports helps me see things than my lack of top redness blindspot disna see.

Cheers min
    ⭐️⭐️

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    "We can and must do better."

Pretty much sums up Milnes tenure.
    "We can and must do better. But ach, what we are doing is good enough."

Pretty much sums up Milnes tenure

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Aye, that is closer to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Pretty much sums up Milne's and McWineless's tenure

sACk THe FkN loT oF tHeM

Oh and back on topic the donkey away in the January window and we lure Stevie May back on loan until the end of the season (happy days)

Could this be our first stellar signing getting lined up the January window?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...9eea_story__2/

He’s a free agent and could be signed whoever they want.

If his rehab goes well, I could see us offering him a contract until May 2020.
    In the unlikely event he remains injury free in that time, I could see us offering him a longer contract after that.

Him & Devlin & Bryson can become besties in the new physio room of Westhill Wanderers.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast