+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The January 2020 Transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Or we could just avoid signing yet another injury prone defender...... how's that for an innovative idea?
    Players of Hoban's quality dont play for Aberdeen unless there is some caveat to their being here - in his case serious injury concerns.

Sadly, as I've said before, I think he's one of those lads who's not physically able to handle top level football - see Daniel Sturridge, Andy Carroll, Ian Durrant etc.

If we took him on a pay as you play deal then he's worth the risk as he is a talented boy. Anything else would be absolute madness though for a club like us.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Players of Hoban's quality dont play for Aberdeen unless there is some caveat to their being here - in his case serious injury concerns.

Sadly, as I've said before, I think he's one of those lads who's not physically able to handle top level football - see Daniel Sturridge, Andy Carroll, Ian Durrant etc.

If we took him on a pay as you play deal then he's worth the risk as he is a talented boy. Anything else would be absolute madness though for a club like us.
    I'm not sure a "pay as you play" contract actually exists.
    No agent would ever allow their player to sign one.
    A lower basic salary with a "starting X1" added bonus is maybe more likely

We'll need to build a bigger treatment room shortly, with all the injury prone players we've already signed. To add another injury prone player, who has completely wrecked both of his knees now, to me would be madness. I feel genuinely sorry for the lad, he seems a really nice guy, and a talented player, but he should retire and go into coaching or something - he's going to come back and either not be a patch on the player he once was, or he's going to get injured again within a couple of months at which point he'll have to retire anyway.

Have we ever signed someone off the back of a serious injury who's turned out to do well for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Have we ever signed someone off the back of a serious injury who's turned out to do well for us?
    Hans Gillhaus

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Hans Gillhaus

That's nae right surely. He played twenty plus games in every season barring his debut season. He wasn't getting a game for PSV as they signed Romario. So he signed with us when he realized he was f@cked at PSV which was before Christmas. So there is no room for a big injury in his career pre us

I have never read or ever heard that before if true.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 19-09-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Hans Gillhaus
    That it? Pretty good example to be fair, although I was just a kid when he was playing for us, so quite a long time since a player recovering from serious injury has worked out for us - yet it seems to be one of our main criteria for prospective targets.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    He appeared to be a very good player, far better than any defender we currently have, although it also appears he is injury prone.
    A deal could be done but maybe linked to amount of games played.
    Either a direct pay per game or an increasing amount starting from a low base which rewards playing more.
    Appears he is injury prone, you think? Steer clear. Leave Tommie Hoblan elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Appears he is injury prone, you think? Steer clear. Leave Tommie Hoblan elsewhere.
    He's good to have around the treatment room, just like some players are good to have around the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That's nae right surely. He played twenty plus games in every season barring his debut season. He wasn't getting a game for PSV as they signed Romario. So he signed with us when he realized he was f@cked at PSV which was before Christmas. So there is no room for a big injury in his career pre us

I have never read or ever heard that before if true.
    He was gay and was always looking for a big stookie.

He was gay and was always looking for a big stookie.
    What really happened on the team bus before that 5-0 defeat at St Johnstone? Or is that just a mad internet rumour?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast