+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The January 2020 Transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    I'm hoping Ojo comes back like a new signing and there's is obviously chance he might be slightly better then before.

I think we will only get one or 2 loans in tbh
    You can guarantee that will be an EE headline in January - as part of a story as to why the club dont need to "dip into the transfer market" etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The first team needs;

A right back. Logan is done
    A right sided central defender that's reliable. Taylor is pish, Devlin has regressed & Considine is left-sided back up.
    A ball carrying, pacey winger, in the mould of, but not, Jonny Hayes. McGinn is done IMO.
    A "no 10" Christie/Maddison type.
    Yep agreed. A proper second striker who can help Cosgrove by chipping in a double figure goal tally would not go amiss either.

Your kidding yourself on if you think McInnes will be looking at forward thinking players. At best he will get a utility defender (who is hopeless in whatever position he is played) and another sitting midfielder type as you can never have enough of them at the one time. Wonder if any more £2m bids for Scott McKenna will come in as I think we might panic and sell.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Yep agreed. A proper second striker who can help Cosgrove by chipping in a double figure goal tally would not go amiss either.
    But we have Curtis Main

I reckon Hoban might get a 5 month contract offer from Jan to May if he takes up the offer of a rehab in the new training centre from November onwards.
    Depending on how he does, we might look to offer him something longer-term if he can prove his fitness.
    Ability wise, it's a no brainer....but fitness wise it's also a no brainer the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Good shout.
    Liam Boyce plays for them?
    I'm sure we were previously linked with him and he played in the game.

P.S. Burton got beat 2-0 from the Everton U-21's
    We know it was 2-0,it says it in the 1st paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    We know it was 2-0,it says it in the 1st paragraph
    I know that, but my subtle highlight regarding Boyce playing for Burton was that they / he didn't score against Everton U-21's

Quick scan shows Boyce has score 6 goals in 3 games.
    Also 0 in the other 11

I reckon Hoban might get a 5 month contract offer from Jan to May if he takes up the offer of a rehab in the new training centre from November onwards.
    Depending on how he does, we might look to offer him something longer-term if he can prove his fitness.
    Ability wise, it's a no brainer....but fitness wise it's also a no brainer the other way.
    No No No NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! We need to learn our lesson regarding signing injury prone players or those recovering from serious injuries. Never mind sending scouts to watch Everton v Burton, we'd be as well sending scouts around various hospitals across the country because we only ever seem to sign injured players. The only way we should even consider Hoban is if he offers to play for free for the first 6 months, because to be honest that's what he should be doing out of gratitude towards anyone stupid enough to take him on. Seems like a lovely guy but we're not a charity.

The first team needs;

A right back. Logan is done
    A right sided central defender that's reliable. Taylor is pish, Devlin has regressed & Considine is left-sided back up.
    A ball carrying, pacey winger, in the mould of, but not, Jonny Hayes. McGinn is done IMO.
    A "no 10" Christie/Maddison type.
    Agree with all that - no need for another striker, Cosgrove is the least of our worries just now, and I still think Wilson paired up front with him would work well - problem is the plonker in charge will never do it.

We do need an overhaul in defence, a creative midfielder and a reliable winger (sadly I agree McGinn is done other than set piece delivery - unless we play him through the centre alongside Cosgrove, which the plonker will also never do). Oh and if we could get Shinnie back on loan I'd take him even though we'll have heaps of defensive midfielders when they're all fit - because we desperately need some passion back in the team and leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Agree with all that - no need for another striker, Cosgrove is the least of our worries just now, and I still think Wilson paired up front with him would work well - problem is the plonker in charge will never do it.

We do need an overhaul in defence, a creative midfielder and a reliable winger (sadly I agree McGinn is done other than set piece delivery - unless we play him through the centre alongside Cosgrove, which the plonker will also never do). Oh and if we could get Shinnie back on loan I'd take him even though we'll have heaps of defensive midfielders when they're all fit - because we desperately need some passion back in the team and leadership.
    Just thought that this original January 2020 transfer window thread should be used instead of the recent imposter thread

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast