+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The January 2020 Transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    What really happened on the team bus before that 5-0 defeat at St Johnstone? Or is that just a mad internet rumour?
    Was it not after the match? Jim Bett skelped him is what I heard. I wish we had both of these caliber of player playing with us now.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Was it not after the match? Jim Bett skelped him is what I heard. I wish we had both of these caliber of player playing with us now.
    The rumour was that Gillhaus wasn't on the team bus but driving down in a sports car with a friend. This upset the Rangers minded Unionists in the squad like McLeish, Bett and Wright whilst the Dutch liberals and some politically left wing guys like Bobby Connor and Eoin Jess (interesting case) took exception to this.

However, not that it matters, but Gillhaus probably wasn't gay. The same stuff circulated about Heikkinen (married with kids now) and GMS (nobody knows). The more lighter footed, skillful players are always liable to this at Aberdeen.

So if we shouldn’t be signing players who are decent but have injury problems like Hoban and shouldn’t be signing dross players like Main for example that really leaves us with the option of breaking our wage structure to try to bring in better players.

That’s the only way we will get better players than we have,not the new training ground and stadium like Milne seems to think.

I thought he had a fight with McLeish, which would explain why McLeish didn't play in that game.

And if we had won that game, we would have won the league that season.

I thought he had a fight with McLeish, which would explain why McLeish didn't play in that game.

And if we had won that game, we would have won the league that season.
    I have always heard it was Bett

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I'm not sure a "pay as you play" contract actually exists.
    No agent would ever allow their player to sign one.
    A lower basic salary with a "starting X1" added bonus is maybe more likely
    Andy Carroll is on one at Newcastle by all accounts.

Easy enough to do. Simple Day rate contract. Playing day rate and/or training day rate based contract.

If you have a horrendous injury record so nobody will touch you with a barge pole it makes sense.

Beggars can’t be choosers & folk like Hoban are not in any sort of strong bargaining position.

Surely a cert to sign a two and a half year contract in January.

The club love letting the manager waste money. See May, Forrester, Gleeson, Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Surely a cert to sign a two and a half year contract in January.

The club love letting the manager waste money. See May, Forrester, Gleeson, Wilson
    Morris

Morris!

He looked mair like a hun than McLean

There was never any word of Gillhaus returning from injury, we just went out and bought a Dutch international.

What really happened on the team bus before that 5-0 defeat at St Johnstone? Or is that just a mad internet rumour?
    Charlie Nic said it was a rumour when I asked him. He thought Gillhaus was one of the best players he had played with and Celtic enquired but couldn't afford him.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast