+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

it looks like their attempt to shut down Parliament so that we will default into a no deal Brexit have failed.
    I could be mistaken 59, but I thought it was the default position in Article 50 of the EU's Treaty of Rome that says we leave without a WA should the EU not be able to conclude one with us ? I'm a little bit confused as to why you Remoaners should be so reluctant to comply with an EU Treaty requirement and so frazzled when our government simply try to act in accord with it.

I understand that the Remoaners wish to take over the business of government in the Commons and instruct the PM to apply to the EU for an extension of A50 for another three months, so clearly the problem is the EU's A50 and nothing to do with our government or PM, we didn't frame A50, the EU did, perhaps your ire would be better directed across the Channel ?

I also understand that the prorogation will result in just 3 days parliamentary business being lost, as the Remoaners have had almost three and a half years to overturn the democratic decision of the British people, could you explain just why this three days lost is so crucial ? Seems to me a bit fanciful to claim you could achieve in just three days what you've failed to achieve in three and a half years, besides which, with Bercow in Remoaners pockets, you can do as you please tomorrow, you can even bring the government down if you wish, then we can have a proper people's vote. Yes, let's have an General Election, let's get it sorted once and for all, I quite like that idea 59, do you ?

OMG sinkov, I do not have the energy to help the Labour Party fight a General Election just yet. What will be the promises and manifestos this time?

Quite frankly I could not trust any of our Party leaders to deliver an envelope, let alone stick to Election pledges.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The sh-it just hit the fan...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

No majority, no plan, no nothing. BoJo's goose is well and truly phucked!
    So yet another MP, who in fact had received a vote of no confidence from his own Association, has defected to another party but remains as the MP for a constituency which has been Tory for 30 years and had a majority of over 16,000 over Labour at the last General Election, in fact, he had over 28,000 more votes than the Liberal Democrat candidate.

This is a bigger farce than Brexit! He should resign along with all the others who are cheating the people who voted them in.
    I just hope that Boris ploughs ahead with everything, leaves the EU and then resigns with object achieved ---and I voted to remain.

If you are in thrall of a person who is chauvinistic, into love thyself narcissism, misogynistic, racist, is a child bullying, overly privileged eejit and suffers from a serious dose of the Dunning-Kruger effect, BoJo is definitely your man...

Attachment 13804

He tells porkies as well...

Attachment 13805

He also said last week he would definitely not prorogue Parliament. Ah well!
    Not a terrorist supporter though BT , try as he might the stigma just won’t leave him, sad for the old lad really he’s done wonders to dodge the wrath of others up to know.

People get arrested in the street for peaceful protest against terrorism and there he is patting them on the back without a care in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    So yet another MP, who in fact had received a vote of no confidence from his own Association, has defected to another party but remains as the MP for a constituency which has been Tory for 30 years and had a majority of over 16,000 over Labour at the last General Election, in fact, he had over 28,000 more votes than the Liberal Democrat candidate.

This is a bigger farce than Brexit! He should resign along with all the others who are cheating the people who voted them in.
    I just hope that Boris ploughs ahead with everything, leaves the EU and then resigns with object achieved ---and I voted to remain.
    Me and the Child Bride have just said exactly the same Supersub6. What's democratic about that?

LATEST....

In order for the bill to pass it has to go through the House of Lords.

Apparently around 90 Tory Lords have put in amendments in an effort to talk out the bill so that it fails.

Watch this space

The sh-it just hit the fan...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

No majority, no plan, no nothing. BoJo's goose is well and truly phucked!
    This clown jumping ship makes no difference BT, on Brexit the government has no majority, 10/20/30 Tory MPs, who knows the actual number, will vote against their own government, so Mr Lee joining the LibDems makes no difference whatsoever. It's looking more and more like a GE, and Boris is still bouncing, polling well ahead of any other party. If the Tories and Farage get their act together, and surely to god they will, we'll be out and laughing on October 31st.

OMG sinkov, I do not have the energy to help the Labour Party fight a General Election just yet. What will be the promises and manifestos this time?

Quite frankly I could not trust any of our Party leaders to deliver an envelope, let alone stick to Election pledges.
    Well at least Bojo is trying to stick to the Tory manifesto pledge to take us out of the EU BT, god knows what your lot are up to, but keeping their manifesto pledge to honour the result of the referendum has now been well and truly binned. How you will cope with a GE I have no idea, presumably Labour will be fighting on a ticket to keep us in the EU, or hold another referendum, or to extend A50, or something, who knows, do you, I don't. Best of luck explaining your U turn to the 17.4 million people who voted to leave, in fact it could be so entertaining explaining it on the doorsteps of Leave voters in Bolton that I'm almost tempted to volunteer for a night out on the knocker with you. I do like a good laugh.

It is good news though, I can't imagine many Labour-LibDem pacts holding up, so the Remoan vote will be split all over the place, as long as the Tories and TBP use their noggins and don't take each other on, we're home and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    This clown jumping ship makes no difference BT, on Brexit the government has no majority, 10/20/30 Tory MPs, who knows the actual number, will vote against their own government, so Mr Lee joining the LibDems makes no difference whatsoever. It's looking more and more like a GE, and Boris is still bouncing, polling well ahead of any other party. If the Tories and Farage get their act together, and surely to god they will, we'll be out and laughing on October 31st.
    But a General Election is out of his grasp Sinkov.

Unless Corbyn does something stupid.

Oh, hang on....

Well,what a phook up.. Id hang them all the conniving lying cnuts..

anybody notice them sneakily bring in the news about HSTT2 ...That needs scrapping off.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)