+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

Agreed Bt he couldn’t but he did deny he’d said it after he’d raked up a few young votes as I remember.
    They are all the same to a point labour lib , or conservative

The whole of politics is rob Peter to pay Paul in between is us and you and you either gain in some way or lose in some way.

Solutions are pay higher taxes to create more money to deliver on all the issues that are apparent.

The only problem with that is the politicians who decide what they earn and where the money goes depending on their own politics.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    This something else they don't tell us army, the eurozone is indeed in a parlous state, it could implode any time, and when it does, if we're still in the EU, we are responsible for a large part of financing the bailout, even though we're not even in the euro. No 'expert' has yet been asked how much our contribution would likely be, but it would be an eyewatering sum, in the billions of Euros. No wonder no Remoaner likes to mention this, and no wonder the EU is desperate to keep us in.
    I forgot to mention we'll also still be liable if we're sign up to the May/EU WA as well, plus many other things besides.

GET BREXIT DONE and feck Brino.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Agreed Bt he couldn’t but he did deny he’d said it after he’d raked up a few young votes as I remember.
    They are all the same to a point labour lib , or conservative

The whole of politics is rob Peter to pay Paul in between is us and you and you either gain in some way or lose in some way.

Solutions are pay higher taxes to create more money to deliver on all the issues that are apparent.

The only problem with that is the politicians who decide what they earn and where the money goes depending on their own politics.
    Labour/Tory, two cheeks of the same arse army. Ordinary people like you and me will still have to work for a living, whichever pieces of dog**** are running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Labour/Tory, two cheeks of the same arse army. Ordinary people like you and me will still have to work for a living, whichever pieces of dog**** are running the country.
    Behave yourself sinkov! You are happly retired in the Ribble Valley, living off the proceeds of Trade Union negotiated pensions and benefits.

If the Tories had their full say over the post-war decades, you and Mrs S along with millions of others would be living in the workhouse now.

VOTE LABOUR. FOR THE MANY NOT THE FEW.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Behave yourself sinkov! You are happly retired in the Ribble Valley, living off the proceeds of Trade Union negotiated pensions and benefits. If the Tories had their full say over the post-war decades, you and Mrs S along with millions of others would be living in the workhouse now.
    The FBU are not really the best advert for your Labour Party BT, you should know that. We were out on strike for 7 weeks under a Labour Government in 1977, the eventual pay settlement was honoured in full by Thatcher's Tories every year she was PM, it was the next Labour government that tore up the pay agreement and we were out on strike again. The FBU was so disgusted that they disaffiliated from the Labour Party. It's a while since I last attended a Union meeting, but the general consensus amongst FBU members when I was last active was that Labour could go and feck itself. It's thanks to Mrs Thatcher and the FBU that I live in relative comfort in the Ribble Valley, not the Labour Party.

Mrs Thatcher working in alliance with a Trade Union? You are having a laugh sinkov - surely?

There was no alliance BT, the 77 stike was settled by a negotiated pay agreement between the FBU and the Labour government, which Thatcher's government honoured every year they were in power. The next Labour government tore it up (some turd called Raynsford seemed to be the catalyst for it all, you probably know him) and we were out on strike again. I'm sure you realise that Thatcher was taking on the industrial unions, those trying to wreck the economy, bring down the government and destroy capitalism, she had no problem with the FBU and was quite content to let our agreement run, she had enough on her plate with Scargill etc, we were no threat to her.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)