+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Tories in meltdown.

21 Tory MP's deselected by Boris including Nicholas Soames, Phil Hammond, Ken Clarke, Oliver Letwin, Rory Stewart, Justine Greening.

Talk about the night of the long knives.

That went well didn't it? The Clown Prince revealed to be a lying dullard who will in all probability have the shortest tenure of any British Prime Minister in history.

Where do we go from here?

VOTE LABOUR - FOR THE MANY NOT THE FEW.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    But a General Election is out of his grasp Sinkov.

Unless Corbyn does something stupid.

Oh, hang on....
    They don't have a majority 59, they can't govern, a rag-bag collection of backbench MPs are now running the show and passing laws. There has to be a General Election, or are you subtly trying to tell me the LibDems are afraid of a vote of no confidence bringing down this lame duck government, afraid of a GE, afraid of the verdict of the people ? Surely not ?

Are you now saying the LibDems don't want one ?

Yes, I do want a GE Sinkov but as a Remoaner I don't want one until after October 31st unless it is set in stone that we can't leave the EU without a deal on this day.

If the current motion passes today (and the Lords, which looks more problematical) then what can Boris do?

He has made it clear that under no circumstances will he ask the EU for an extension to A50 - but this would be a legal requirement.

Will he resign in this case?

Watch today's exciting installment....

Tories in meltdown.

21 Tory MP's deselected by Boris including Nicholas Soames, Phil Hammond, Ken Clarke, Oliver Letwin, Rory Stewart, Justine Greening.

Talk about the night of the long knives.
    Proves what I've been saying all along 59, look at that list, none of them Tories in the accepted sense of the word, the Tory Party of the Blessed Margaret no longer exists, this lot are wet Blairites with Blue rosettes, they're frauds. No real Tory could ever jump ship to join the LibDems, but they're jumping ship in droves, and the LibDems would never accept a real Tory, but they're welcoming these people with open arms. No wonder you were in coalition with the Tories, in reality there's no fecking difference.

But it has to happen 59, there is a huge imblance in our Parliament, our MPs are overwhelmingly pro EU while the country is split more or less 50/50, this has to be addressed and now it is. The Tories will shed their Remainers, who can either retire or join the LibDems, they will replace them with Leavers and in the next Parliament the balance will be restored and it will represent the electorate once again, as it should, Tories and TBP for upholding the democratic referendum result, the anti-democratic LibDems, Labour and Greens wanting to overturn it. Which side will prevail in the short term I have no idea, but our Parliament has to reflect the hopes and aspirations of the country it serves, at the moment it doesn't.

Workers rights are in the deep do-do either way. If we stay in the EU, that's another neo-liberal project that doesn't give a flying phuck about workers rights and God help the working classes if the Tories get in for another five years.

I notice Hogwash Cameron is very noticeable by his absence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    That went well didn't it? The Clown Prince revealed to be a lying dullard who will in all probability have the shortest tenure of any British Prime Minister in history.

Where do we go from here?

VOTE LABOUR - FOR THE MANY NOT THE FEW.
    I tell you what BT we are in massive trouble as a country if Corbyn manages to slime ball his way in to power.
    It won’t happen I hope - dire times ahead of us if he does , he’ll be giving our country away.
    You know the one our fathers and fore fathers fought for - signing it all over to them helmets in Belgium all for a job later and a better pension for them.

I can't see the likes of Nicholas Soames, Phil Hammond, Ken Clarke etc joining the Lib Dems Sinkov.

Without a doubt, and especially after Boris shed 22 MP's yesterday, this is a lame duck Government, even including the DUP.

But in effect Boris has shut down Parliament until 14th October anyway so nowt would happen until then.

Yesterday's vote 328-301 actually mirrors the current public opinion on Brexit (55% Remain, 45% leave) so your arguement that Parliament should reflect the public opinion happened. Of course you will argue that over three years ago the public opinion was different and it's wishes were never implemented....and I understand your frustration on that point.

But public opinion HAS changed and surely this needs to be taken into account?

We will have our GE in the next couple of months and the people will give their opinion once more - as you know this could have been sorted out once and for all by now if the public had been granted a public vote on the deal/no deal/remain matter ages ago because the current Parliament is completely log jammed.

And if I were you I would worry that the Tory/ Brexit Party vote will be split in a GE. If Boris fails to take us out by 31st October then would Nigel really trust the Tories enough to work with them? I don't think so.

I can't see the likes of Nicholas Soames, Phil Hammond, Ken Clarke etc joining the Lib Dems Sinkov.

Without a doubt, and especially after Boris shed 22 MP's yesterday, this is a lame duck Government, even including the DUP.

But in effect Boris has shut down Parliament until 14th October anyway so nowt would happen until then.

Yesterday's vote 328-301 actually mirrors the current public opinion on Brexit (55% Remain, 45% leave) so your arguement that Parliament should reflect the public opinion happened. Of course you will argue that over three years ago the public opinion was different and it's wishes were never implemented....and I understand your frustration on that point.

But public opinion HAS changed and surely this needs to be taken into account?

We will have our GE in the next couple of months and the people will give their opinion once more - as you know this could have been sorted out once and for all by now if the public had been granted a public vote on the deal/no deal/remain matter ages ago because the current Parliament is completely log jammed.

And if I were you I would worry that the Tory/ Brexit Party vote will be split in a GE. If Boris fails to take us out by 31st October then would Nigel really trust the Tories enough to work with them? I don't think so.
    So what’s your suggestion then 59 is it like everyone else in that we can slate whoever has power and rubbish them but actually you don’t have an answer yourself.

Old Jeremy has been playing that one for the last few years,
    And Libs have no democracy at all now as they insist if we voted out they won’t leave and even if we had a 2nd referendum they still wouldn’t accept it.

Personally I don’t ever remember anyone giving me a vote on Brussels running our country, it’s annoying isn’t it when that happens hence why there digging there heels now like babies unable to accept a decision that’s actually a genuine one made by the people.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)