+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

Two bits of news...

Luciana Berger joins the Lib Dems.

Boris's bro Jo Johnson quits as Tory MP.

Another Remoaner gone from the Tories 59, that prorogation hasn't changed much in reality, but it's flushing the Remoaners out of their party. They want to fight the next election on a Parliament v the People ticket, the promise to uphold the people's decision which is being delayed by Remoaners in Parliament. If they want to do that, they've no room for Remoaner MPs, ship them out, let the voters know you're ALL on their side. A Brexiteer Tory Party is their best hope of winning a GE, 17.4 million people voted to leave, none of them will be upset to see yet another Remoaner jumping ship, quite the opposite I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Another Remoaner gone from the Tories 59, that prorogation hasn't changed much in reality, but it's flushing the Remoaners out of their party. They want to fight the next election on a Parliament v the People ticket, the promise to uphold the people's decision which is being delayed by Remoaners in Parliament. If they want to do that, they've no room for Remoaner MPs, ship them out, let the voters know you're ALL on their side. A Brexiteer Tory Party is their best hope of winning a GE, 17.4 million people voted to leave, none of them will be upset to see yet another Remoaner jumping ship, quite the opposite I would imagine.
    Wow, you think that the Tory Party should become a single issue "leave without a deal" party and get rid of all dissenters such as Nicholas Soames, Rory Stewart etc etc and become the Brexit Party mark two? I think that if you did that then the party would lose a vast amount of current supporters. But it's fine by me! And would Nigel play along? If not then the no deal Brexit vote (not as big as you think) will be split.

In the meantime the Lib Dems will be excellently placed. The major UK force for remain (a bigger number than you think).

Labour will probably promise to get a new deal and to hold another referendum. Clear blue water there but the public will see that this would cause even more delay.

The future is yellow

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Wow, you think that the Tory Party should become a single issue "leave without a deal" party and get rid of all dissenters such as Nicholas Soames, Rory Stewart etc etc and become the Brexit Party mark two? I think that if you did that then the party would lose a vast amount of current supporters. But it's fine by me! And would Nigel play along? If not then the no deal Brexit vote (not as big as you think) will be split.

In the meantime the Lib Dems will be excellently placed. The major UK force for remain (a bigger number than you think).

Labour will probably promise to get a new deal and to hold another referendum. Clear blue water there but the public will see that this would cause even more delay.

The future is yellow
    Your party is more un democratic than the other two , are you not reading what they say ?
    Last edited by army88; 05-09-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Corbyn is a weasel out wood and no mistake

I’m unsure but I think they already told us no deal to be done on Brexit.

Politically we are the weakest nation I have ever seen , all scrambling to be top dog without a care for our great country.

Me me me me me me me me me is how it goes politically.

It’s shameful how the politicians have acted and still are

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Corbyn is a weasel out wood and no mistake
    I’m unsure but I think they already told us no deal to be done on Brexit.
    Politically we are the weakest nation I have ever seen , all scrambling to be top dog without a care for our great country.
    Me me me me me me me me me is how it goes politically.
    It’s shameful how the politicians have acted and still are
    We've just had three years of a Remoaner PM claiming she was trying to take us out of the EU. We now have a Leader of the Opposition, a lifelong Eurosceptic, trying to keep us in. A Labour Party that has been demanding a general Election on a daily basis as far back as I can remember, now preventing one from being held. A party which has the word 'Democrat' as 50% of it's title, dedicated 100% to overturning the result of the largest ever democratic vote held in this country. The same party is demanding a 2nd referendum, while it's leader says they won't accept the result of this second referendum either, if it isn't the one they want.

Yep, we live in a lunatic asylum alright, what have we done to deserve this ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Don't be silly 59, of course they will have other policies, they might even have Conservative ones, instead of Lefty nonsense like workers on boards, race audits and energy price caps, or maybe not. But it makes absolute sense to flush out Tory Remoaner MPs, if they fight the coming election promising to take us out of the EU and win a majority of say 20, as soon as Boris tries to legislate to take us out, the 20 Remoaners would vote against it, his majority would be gone and he's back to square one. So get rid of them, if you're going to vote against official Tory policy, you won't be a Tory MP, not rocket science is it ?

As for losing supporters, 17.4 million people voted to leave the EU, without checking, I think about 12 million voted Tory at the last election, I can't see how targetting those 17.4 million will do them any harm, 5.4 million reasons to boot out the Remoaners.
    Last edited by sinkov; 06-09-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We've just had three years of a Remoaner PM claiming she was trying to take us out of the EU. We now have a Leader of the Opposition, a lifelong Eurosceptic, trying to keep us in. A Labour Party that has been demanding a general Election on a daily basis as far back as I can remember, now preventing one from being held. A party which has the word 'Democrat' as 50% of it's title, dedicated 100% to overturning the result of the largest ever democratic vote held in this country. The same party is demanding a 2nd referendum, while it's leader says they won't accept the result of this second referendum either, if it isn't the one they want.

Yep, we live in a lunatic asylum alright, what have we done to deserve this ?
    That sums it up very well sinkov. It doesn't help the situation at all but it shows just what a mess the whole thing is

I would love to see an accurate up to date poll on how many still want to LEAVE with a No-Deal Brexit.

Might be risking my Labour Party Membership card, but count me in.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)