+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I would love to see an accurate up to date poll on how many still want to LEAVE with a No-Deal Brexit.

Might be risking my Labour Party Membership card, but count me in.
    We should find out for real BT, when our politicians decide to start acting like grown ups and get on with an election. This government has no majority, it can't govern, a coaltion of backbenchers and the Speaker are now formulating our laws. It's a farce, these people have no mandate to run the country, no right to be telling me or anyone else what laws we live under, I'd be quite happy for the Army to send their tanks into central London, frogmarch these charlatans out of the Commons at gunpoint, lock and bolt the doors, and tell them they can come back in when the people have had their say in a General Election.

Now, that fine establishment, the House of Lords has put a block on a No Deal Brexit ----yes folks, we live in a true democracy as long as we are willing to do as we are told and don't rock the boat.
    What a bloody farce!

You simply could not make this sh-it up.

We now have a de facto government with the Speaker of the House by all accounts now running the country.

Nice play Boris! It's one hell of a gamble is this one and just who is going to pick up the slack when it all goes tits up?

Attachment 13835

Your starter for ten and no conferring.

Boris should just go for it, get us out and then resign ---job done as per the wishes of the people.

I voted remain but this is just the biggest crock of s**t that I have seen in Parliament thanks to all concerned.
    Nobody can hold their head up as far as I am concerned.
    There is even talk now that a lot of MPs would vote for the arrangement that Theresa May had made because it is better than no deal.
    I am happy to say that I am leaving this crap behind next weekend ---I'll bet that there is nothing resolved when I return towards the end of October, however, I do not gamble so I shall leave that to sinkov and company.

I'd never bet on a race Sub where 90% of the jockeys have no intention of reaching the winning post, and the Chief Steward says he'll void the race should it look likely that one of them will.

I just had to repost this, is he actually dribbling into his bib..?

Attachment 13836

There seems to be confusion with some people about how democracy works.

Just after the referendum polls closed in 2016 Nigel Farage thought that Remain had won. But he insisted that the fight would go on. "We have lost a battle but not the war". So he would continue to fight for Brexit even though he thought that Remain had won.
    I think we all agree that it was fair enough? In a democracy people are not expected to suddenly change their fervent beliefs because of an election result.
    Nigel was quite in order to continue his fight after he thought he had lost.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-youth-8270754

If there was a referendum to bring back hanging I would not support it. If the vote went in favour of bringing back hanging then I would continue to be against it and would campaign against it. That's how democracy works.

On the Brexit referendum not many people voted for a no deal Brexit. Very few people were suggesting that this was a good idea, and certainly not Boris or Nigel. They were selling us an idea of getting "a better deal than we have now and we won't be sending them £££ every week" And this great deal would be the easiest deal in human history.
    If I believed them then I would have voted for it. Why wouldn't I?
    But it never existed. We were sold a fictitious idea which couldn't be delivered.
    So now Boris and Nigel have changed their minds on Brexit since 2016. They are now offering us something totally different from what they were offering in 2016.
    Note that. They have changed their minds since 2016.
    In these circumstances I think that the people should be asked if they support Nigel and Boris's new idea.
    What they are offering us now is nothing like what they tried to sell us in 2016.

The Lib Dems have always been clear. We support the people having a say on the reality of what Brexit really is, and we will campaign for remain.

If the people choose to leave under these new terms then so be it. But the party will continue to campaign as a pro-European party and the battle will go on.
    Just like Nigel said in 2016.

The Labour Party seem to be saying that they would negotiate a new deal with the EU, put it to a referendum, and campaign against it.
    How many people could support that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    There seems to be confusion with some people about how democracy works.

Just after the referendum polls closed in 2016 Nigel Farage thought that Remain had won. But he insisted that the fight would go on. "We have lost a battle but not the war". So he would continue to fight for Brexit even though he thought that Remain had won.
    I think we all agree that it was fair enough? In a democracy people are not expected to suddenly change their fervent beliefs because of an election result.
    Nigel was quite in order to continue his fight after he thought he had lost.
    Thank you 59, I always like to start my day with a smile, and the prospect of having democracy explained to me by a LibDem fairly had me chortling over my cornflakes. The result of the EU referendum was not intended or expected to change anyone's mind, the people of the UK were asked by their government to decide whether we should remain in the EU or leave it, they were promised that the government would act on their decision. You or anyone else is entitled to their opinion and entitled to campaign for us to re-apply to join after we have left. But leave we must, that's how democracy works, and until we do leave democracy is dead in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Thank you 59, I always like to start my day with a smile, and the prospect of having democracy explained to me by a LibDem fairly had me chortling over my cornflakes. The result of the EU referendum was not intended or expected to change anyone's mind, the people of the UK were asked by their government to decide whether we should remain in the EU or leave it, they were promised that the government would act on their decision. You or anyone else is entitled to their opinion and entitled to campaign for us to re-apply to join after we have left. But leave we must, that's how democracy works, and until we do leave democracy is dead in this country.
    Simple question Sinkov...were Boris and Nigel selling us the idea of a no deal Brexit in 2016? If they had then your arguement would hold water.
    But I think you will find that Boris and Nigel are now trying to implement something totally different from what they promised us in 2016.
    Do you agree with me on this point?
    Therefore they have changed their minds. That's OK - in a democracy people are allowed to change their minds.

So...with a totally different offer than they promised us in 2016 don't you think it right that the public should decide if this new offer is one that they want?

If they had offered us free beer in 2016 if we voted Leave, then three years later said that instead of free beer they would force us to pay £5 a pint, do you think that the result should be honoured without the voters being asked again?

Before you ask, the beer was Wainwright Bitter.

Have you just got up Sinkov?

Unless you are back in employment then 10PM is an unusual time for your breakfast.

Glad I could start your day on a high though

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)