Get your very own personalised Turfites Talk gifts!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Irish are caving in, Brussels is almost in full white flag mode, God help us when the "Boris Bounce" gets us out of the EU and the Tories win the next election. Canary Islands here we come!
    Make sure you get somewhere with a spare room and preferably a pool BT, me and Mrs S are always up for a cheap holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Make sure you get somewhere with a spare room and preferably a pool BT, me and Mrs S are always up for a cheap holiday.
    I'll even pick you up at the airport sinkov!

And i'll share with the Sinkov's.

I'll even pick you up at the airport sinkov!
    Terrier Taxis or your very own Beemer BT ?

This Supreme Court pantomime, currently running at great expense to the taxpayer, there's something about it I can't quite get my head around, if Boris has broken the law, then which law has he broken, why has he not had his collar felt, why has he not been charged, and why is he not standing in the dock as the accused ?

This Supreme Court pantomime, currently running at great expense to the taxpayer, there's something about it I can't quite get my head around, if Boris has broken the law, then which law has he broken, why has he not had his collar felt, why has he not been charged, and why is he not standing in the dock as the accused ?
    I've studied this court case with a great deal of interest and had all the reference and history books out sinkov.

I conclude there is no case to answer in a legal sense, but if we had a "Court of Morals and Decency" Johnson would be found guilty of having neither a moral code nor playing by decent "normal" rules. Since no Court is available for such matters, just shut the whole malarkey down and let the lying tw@t get on with us leaving the EU?

Well, we will know in the next couple of days if Boris has broken the law.

Whatever the outcome I trust that everyone will respect the decision of our highest court in the land - including Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

Whatever the outcome I trust that everyone will respect the decision of our highest court in the land - including Boris.
    You are kidding - right?

You are kidding - right?
    You can't pick and choose which of our laws you will respect BT.

Whatever our supreme court decides must be respected.

What is the alternative?

You can't pick and choose which of our laws you will respect BT.

What is the alternative?
    Revolution and anarchy comrade...

Name:  Red Star.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  8.8 KB

You're not answering my question though 59, which law has he allegedly broken ? Perhaps you don't know either ? Also the Supreme Court is not the highest court in the land, I think you'll find that our Supreme Court is subservient (if that's the right word) to the European Court of Justice based in Luxembourg.

I would sincerely hope that this bunch of activist judges has more sense than to interfere in our political system but I'm not hopeful. Should they decide to get involved then Boris should try every trick in the book to nullify their interference. I voted to leave the EU so that the people running the UK are accountable to me and the electorate. I don't want unelected bureaucrats in Brussels running this country, nor do I want unelected judges sticking their oar in either. The court of public opinion is the place where Boris should be tried, it's called a general election, but for some reason Remoaners are afraid of the public verdict, they prefer to hide behind the skirts of unelected judges. Just what are you Remoaners afraid of 59 ?

Why ?

You're not answering my question though 59, which law has he allegedly broken ? Perhaps you don't know either ? Also the Supreme Court is not the highest court in the land, I think you'll find that our Supreme Court is subservient (if that's the right word) to the European Court of Justice based in Luxembourg.

I would sincerely hope that this bunch of activist judges has more sense than to interfere in our political system but I'm not hopeful. Should they decide to get involved then Boris should try every trick in the book to nullify their interference. I voted to leave the EU so that the people running the UK are accountable to me and the electorate. I don't want unelected bureaucrats in Brussels running this country, nor do I want unelected judges sticking their oar in either. The court of public opinion is the place where Boris should be tried, it's called a general election, but for some reason Remoaners are afraid of the public verdict, they prefer to hide behind the skirts of unelected judges. Just what are you Remoaners afraid of 59 ?
    First of all I am an old bloke from Morecambe. I don't profess to know if Boris has broken any laws.

Secondly this is a case for British courts and the ECJ have no say in it.

Thirdly you seem to be suggesting that you do not respect the law of the land. If our highest court in the land rule that Boris has broken the law then we must all accept it. You say that you don't want our judges to rule on matters of law?

Just read back what you have written and then tell it to all the victims of crime, and good luck with that.

If you don't then can we all pick and choose which laws we break? Or is this option only open to Prime Ministers?

Why ?
    You and BT appear to be anarchists.

Vive la revolution!

It's a good job you two are my mates or I fear I may end up strung up from a lamp post.

First of all I am an old bloke from Morecambe. I don't profess to know if Boris has broken any laws.

Secondly this is a case for British courts and the ECJ have no say in it.

Thirdly you seem to be suggesting that you do not respect the law of the land. If our highest court in the land rule that Boris has broken the law then we must all accept it. You say that you don't want our judges to rule on matters of law?

Just read back what you have written and then tell it to all the victims of crime, and good luck with that.

If you don't then can we all pick and choose which laws we break? Or is this option only open to Prime Ministers?
    I ask you again what law has Boris broken, and you can't tell me, and you can't tell me because he hasn't broken any law, if he had he'd be in the dock. To prorogue parliament is a political decision, it may be a controversial political decision but nevertheless it's a standard parliamentary procedure, which if the judges have any sense they will leave in the domain of politicians where it belongs.

I have no problem with the rule of law, I'm quite happy to live under it, what I will not accept is living under the rule of unelected judges. This is none of their business.

Vive la revolution!

It's a good job you two are my mates or I fear I may end up strung up from a lamp post.
    If it were owt to do with me 59, all LibDems would have been dangling from lamp posts years ago, but as you say you're my mate so I'd have made an exception for you, I'd just prorogue you.

Here is one judge who has some sense 59,

"Lord Doherty rejected their claim, saying it was for Parliament and the electorate to judge the Prime Minister’s actions rather than the courts. The judge said: “In my view, the advice given in relation to the prorogation decision is a matter involving high policy and political judgement. This is political territory and decision making which cannot be measured against legal standards, but only by political judgements. Accountability for the advice is to parliament, and ultimately the electorate - not to the courts.” He said his opinion was therefore that there had been “no contravention of the rule of law” by the prime minister."

You'll note that he said it was 'his opinion', his colleagues in the Supreme Court may well be of a different opinion, I suspect they will, but that's all it is, the opinion of some highly paid, politically motivated lawyers.

And you talk about this as though it's anarchy v rule of law, well prorogation is a parliamentary procedure, and to question parliamentary procedures in court is explicitly forbidden by Article Nine of the Bill of Rights 1689, so just who are the anarchists in this case, and who is on the side of the law ?

Vive la revolution!

Don't worry 1959_60, we have other plans for you...

Name:  Guillotine.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  83.6 KB

Oh i say, that is awfully unfair chaps.

Oh i say, that is awfully unfair chaps.
    Never mind awfully unfair, just bring your own head basket...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast