+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

It looks like Boris and Dominic have miscalculated badly here.

We'll see what happens in the next 48 hours but it looks like their attempt to shut down Parliament so that we will default into a no deal Brexit have failed.

And secondly, their attempt to have a General Election if today's vote goes through also looks doomed to failure.

Boris tells us that he will not in any circumstance ask the EU for a further extension...but if the vote passes today and Parliament doesn't vote for a GE then what can he do? Resign?

He has allowed himself to be badly out outmaneuvered here.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    It looks like Boris and Dominic have miscalculated badly here.

We'll see what happens in the next 48 hours but it looks like their attempt to shut down Parliament so that we will default into a no deal Brexit have failed.

And secondly, their attempt to have a General Election if today's vote goes through also looks doomed to failure.

Boris tells us that he will not in any circumstance ask the EU for a further extension...but if the vote passes today and Parliament doesn't vote for a GE then what can he do? Resign?

He has allowed himself to be badly out outmaneuvered here.
    I don’t think so 59 /60

As far as I can see the man looks all good to me, it just doesn’t agree with all the re moaners who simply don’t want to leave , but don’t have the balls to come out and say that it’s all about leaving with a no deal smoke screen.
    Corbyn isn’t fit to tie his shoes and your new leader is un believable , a second referendum and if the results doesn’t suit she won’t accept that one either.

And yet there they all stand demanding democracy when the hypocrisy is they have been denying democracy for the last three years.

Politics is finished in this country, a man stood up to the rest of Europe for his country and all you lot want to do is shoot him down.

That’s typical of politics here.

More twists and turns than an Agatha Christie yarn. Impossible to rule anything out apart from the Lib Dems are smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I don’t think so 59 /60

As far as I can see the man looks all good to me, it just doesn’t agree with all the re moaners who simply don’t want to leave , but don’t have the balls to come out and say that it’s all about leaving with a no deal smoke screen.
    Corbyn isn’t fit to tie his shoes and your new leader is un believable , a second referendum and if the results doesn’t suit she won’t accept that one either.

And yet there they all stand demanding democracy when the hypocrisy is they have been denying democracy for the last three years.

Politics is finished in this country, a man stood up to the rest of Europe for his country and all you lot want to do is shoot him down.

That’s typical of politics here.
    If you are in thrall of a person who is chauvinistic, into love thyself narcissism, misogynistic, racist, is a child bullying, overly privileged eejit and suffers from a serious dose of the Dunning-Kruger effect, BoJo is definitely your man...

Attachment 13804

He tells porkies as well...

Attachment 13805

He also said last week he would definitely not prorogue Parliament. Ah well!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If you are in thrall of a person who is chauvinistic, into love thyself narcissism, misogynistic, racist, is a child bullying, overly privileged eejit and suffers from a serious dose of the Dunning-Kruger effect, BoJo is definitely your man...

Attachment 13804

He tells porkies as well...

Attachment 13805

He also said last week he would definitely not prorogue Parliament. Ah well!
    Yes, Boris acting just like your normal politician, meanwhile, the 27 other nations look on in amazement at the united front of British politics ---as army says --politics is finished, you just can't trust any of them to do anything except watch their bank balance grow.

In the last three years or so I have met just two politicians I could trust to do what they say. I have met another three hundred or so I would not give house room to. We are in the middle of a crisis of faith politically and religious wise and the country needs someone or something to unite behind. I'm at a loss I really am.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    In the last three years or so I have met just two politicians I could trust to do what they say. I have met another three hundred or so I would not give house room to. We are in the middle of a crisis of faith politically and religious wise and the country needs someone or something to unite behind. I'm at a loss I really am.
    Very sad BT, fortunately, I realised in the early 1990s that most were very devious and I have had very little respect for the majority since then.
    The country is badly in need of a leader but I really can't see any unity in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I don’t think so 59 /60

Absolutely right army. Three years in which they have been setting the country at each other’s throats and as soon as they are faced with having to stand up and make a decision they run screaming to the courts. He pushed me! He pushed me! Pathetic, pitiful.

I hate to say it, but we have turned into the most politically correct snowflakes on the globe. There's so much wrong it's hard to know where to start.

Two billion people on this planet have no access to clean water and we are whinging about our lack of democracy. FFS.

The sh-it just hit the fan...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

No majority, no plan, no nothing. BoJo's goose is well and truly phucked!

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)