+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

The only reason to have an Off-Shore Account is to hide your Wonga from the tax man and avoid paying tax into the country of residence or business. Justifying your wealth is one thing, tax avoidance quite another.

One rule for the bourgeoisie and one for the proletariat never quite works for me.

VOTE LABOUR. FOR THE MANY NOT THE FEW.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It all makes sense now 59-60 all our money is tied up off shore with Jacob , Boris and Farage

Not a rich liberal among them eh !

Here’s an idea if your worried incentivise the rich offshore s to keep their money in our great country , that way it’s win win isn’t it.

If that was the main issue it could be fixed in a jiffy.

We need the rich , the entrepreneur the genious as much as we need me the self employed ( who keep the country going I might add ) .

It’s like immigration we can’t survive without it really ( controlled ).

Also have you forgotten that Brussels accounts are event filed were told and yet were led along by that lot quaffing champers and travelling first class at our expense and You want to remain and keep paying them the money.

It’s ludicrous that people here have to justify their wealth but you can accept hundreds of them in Brussels sponging of ours and your prepared to let them rule us.

Have a word with yourselves.
    Wow, you have made a lot of assumptions about what I believe there Army.

I totally agree that we should celebrate people who have made money in legal ways. Our country needs them.

But this EU law will cut down on tax avoidance - surely you are against this? At the moment the UK is a leading nation in tax avoidance and it will become much more difficult when this law is enacted.

I am sure that you, like me, have always payed our taxes but there are a lot of very wealthy people, and businesses, who find ways to avoid it.

And these type of people and businesses will not be looking forwards to the new EU laws and would celebrate the UK leaving the EU with no deal.

I'm not quite sure how BoJo is still not hiding both himself and his loot in the Cayman Islands. Johnson has lost every single vote in parliament since he became prime minister in July, including his two attempts to trigger a snap general election for next month. Not very good is it?
    Attachment 13876

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

And these type of people and businesses will not be looking forwards to the new EU laws and would celebrate the UK leaving the EU with no deal.
    I think when you sit down with a nice cup of tea and think about it 59, you will realise the above is nonsense, Big business, the CBI, the rich and powerful elites, the Establishment etc. are all fighting to stay on the EU gravy train, to keep their snouts in the trough, it's the ill educated, knuckle-dragging, bigoted, racist Little Englanders who voted to leave, not those clever people with money. Or so you were telling us, remember ? If the Remoaners portrayal of the average Leave voter is correct, then 99% of them will not know what an offshore account is, never mind have one.

Or if you are seriously suggesting Brexit is really all about tax avoidance, then you really need to see someone about a remedy for that BDS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm not quite sure how BoJo is still not hiding both himself and his loot in the Cayman Islands. Johnson has lost every single vote in parliament since he became prime minister in July, including his two attempts to trigger a snap general election for next month. Not very good is it?
    Attachment 13876
    It's the numbers BT, we have a minority government, they can't win a vote, they can't govern. It can only be resolved by a General Election, Boris is taking the only sensible course of action by asking parliament to allow one, but the opposition parties refuse. So we have no meaningful government, we appear to be run by a conspiracy of backbench opposition MPs, the Speaker and fools in wigs sat in court rooms, who can never agree with each other from one court room to the next. Meanwhile 17.4 million people who voted to leave the EU must be looking on with incredulity, if not utter contempt.

It's contempt sinkov.

Contempt. Exactly the right word sinkov. Parliament is a bunch of liars and shapeshifters. They have brought the threat of chaos and disorder on to our streets. The whole bloody bunch of them. They have flouted democracy for three years and wonder why. The Grauniad with their apologist in chief Owen Jones are pointing the finger at Boris and the far right. They would do better looking closer to home.

They should all be looking into a mirror and pointing the finger at who is to blame.
    It is neither one party or another it is the collective. They are not denying Boris Johnson ------they are denying those who cast the majority vote!

I have just been listening to a Tory Brexiteer commenting on Yellowhammer.

In effect he was saying, "We are a nation that thrives on adversity. We don't buckle, we just carry on
    because of our spirit.
    The nation will pull together and make the best of things. There will be shortages of commodities and some prices will rise.
    But we are not a nation that will riot and we will look out for each other"

And there is a lot of truth in what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I have just been listening to a Tory Brexiteer commenting on Yellowhammer.

In effect he was saying, "We are a nation that thrives on adversity. We don't buckle, we just carry on
    because of our spirit.
    The nation will pull together and make the best of things. There will be shortages of commodities and some prices will rise.
    But we are not a nation that will riot and we will look out for each other"

And there is a lot of truth in what he said.
    I můst be honest 59, it's doing my head in now, so I restrict myself to one news catch up a day, and don't go into much detail with any of it. Is this Yellowhammer thingy a worst case scenario, I think it is but I can't be arsed to read it, or anything about it. I am way, way past caring about the varying effects of leaving with a WA or leaving without one, best case scenarios or worst case scenarios etc. I am way, way past caring about how we leave the EU, I am sick to death of the whole fecking charade, I just want us out next month, and properly out, no Brinos, and I suspect there are millions more just like me.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)