+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

That’s laughable 59 a public vote on deal or no deal ,
    I mean it’s stinks of hypocrisy ,if we’d voted no deal we’d still be in wouldn’t we as there isn’t a politician who’d carry it through.

Boris in his defence has tried and been back to negotiate for a deal but alas you lot want him out don’t you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

If the current motion passes today (and the Lords, which looks more problematical) then what can Boris do?
    I don't know the answer to that 59, but what I do know is that Cummings, Boris, the Mogg and Gove plus others, have been in No 10 war-gaming the various scenarios for over a month now. Losing the vote yesterday would have been no surprise to them, it was always the likeliest outcome, they would have known what was coming and they will have other options. What they are I have no idea, but I doubt they're sitting in Downing Street bereft, they will have more cunning plans up their sleeve than Baldrick ever did. Better informed observers of the political scene than me say that the government has an awful lot on it's side, they won't easily be defeated, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't know the answer to that 59, but what I do know is that Cummings, Boris, the Mogg and Gove plus others, have been in No 10 war-gaming the various scenarios for over a month now. Losing the vote yesterday would have been no surprise to them, it was always the likeliest outcome, they would have known what was coming and they will have other options. What they are I have no idea, but I doubt they're sitting in Downing Street bereft, they will have more cunning plans up their sleeve than Baldrick ever did. Better informed observers of the political scene than me say that the government has an awful lot on it's side, they won't easily be defeated, we'll see.
    Attachment 13815

I love it when you clutch at straws sinkov. Brexit is phucked, the Remoaners will win, democracy is dead and me and the Child Bride are seriously considering moving to Fuerteventura.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

1) But in effect Boris has shut down Parliament until 14th October anyway so nowt would happen until then.

2) But public opinion HAS changed and surely this needs to be taken into account? We will have our GE in the next couple of months and the people will give their opinion once more - as you know this could have been sorted out once and for all by now if the public had been granted a public vote on the deal/no deal/remain matter ages ago because the current Parliament is completely log jammed.

3) And if I were you I would worry that the Tory/ Brexit Party vote will be split in a GE. If Boris fails to take us out by 31st October then would Nigel really trust the Tories enough to work with them? I don't think so.
    1) Parliament shuts down for three weeks every year at this time 59, so the fuss over three extra days lost was, I would suggest, ever so slightly hysterical and over the top, wouldn't you agree ? What would Remoaners have done with that extra three days anyway that they aren't capable of doing now ?

2) I don't see any evidence that public opinion has changed much at all, but a General Election will tell us, so let's put it back to the people. Why do you have a problem with this, if your lot really do have the numbers as you claim, then not only can you extend A50 to your heart's content, you can revoke it at your leisure. If you win.

3) Oh yes 59, I really do worry about that. If Boris and Farage work together we're as good as out, but will they, the signs aren't good so far I admit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Attachment 13815

I love it when you clutch at straws sinkov. Brexit is phucked, the Remoaners will win, democracy is dead and me and the Child Bride are seriously considering moving to Fuerteventura.
    Prefer Lanzarote myself BT, I could happily live out my days in Costa Teguise, they even have a bookies where I could supplement my pension.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Prefer Lanzarote myself BT, I could happily live out my days in Costa Teguise, they even have a bookies where I could supplement my pension.
    I think it's Corralejo for us.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Well,what a phook up.. Id hang them all the conniving lying cnuts..

anybody notice them sneakily bring in the news about HSTT2 ...That needs scrapping off.
    Your heroine will save the day Alf...The Queen, as sovereign, is the supreme ruler of the United Kingdom, this means that she decides, ultimately, which pieces of legislation should pass through Parliament. Boris will tell her not to pass it, end of, game over!

Attachment 13821

Gentlemen ! Oh Spain?? maybe trouble there too?

The Lebanon-based newspaper Al Akhbar reported that an official source in one of the Palestinian factions revealed that there is an understanding between the United States and Canada for Canada to receive 100,000 Palestinians (40,000 from Lebanon and another 60,000 from Syria).and ...........

In addition, there is a further understanding with Spain to receive 16,000 Palestinians from Lebanon, alongside similar agreements with Belgium and France. The understandings would lead to the reduction of the cost of migration from $12,000 to $7,000 per person.

Many Palestinian youth are trying to emigrate from Lebanon at all costs, but many attempts end in tragedy, according to Al Akhbar. Some who try to emigrate die while trying to cross seas or deserts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Your heroine will save the day Alf...The Queen, as sovereign, is the supreme ruler of the United Kingdom, this means that she decides, ultimately, which pieces of legislation should pass through Parliament. Boris will tell her not to pass it, end of, game over!

Attachment 13821
    this the same Queen that Violated her Coronation Oath with the passing of the EEC Act 1972 - and again after the Government (under Brown) signed away what remained of our constitution when (without a referendum) he ratified the Lisbon Treaty......and "She" put her Signature to it !

all I'm doing - is laughing at this crock of shlit.... .

We are going back to a Feudal State Norder…

Attachment 13823

The Queen says it's OKAY darling for you to phuck the peasants!

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)