+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

I'm on my jollies 59, no time to get involved this morning, not much time, or inclination, to get involved now either. I was going to address your other points later, but just to clear up something you seem confused about, the difference between a trade deal and a WA. Remoaners and the Remoan media and Remoan Establishment have done a good job of conflating the two, even to the extent that even Brexiteers are talking about no WA as no deal. The deal Brexiteers talked about during the referendum campaign was the trade deal which the EU refuses to discuss, the no deal now being talked about refers to the WA, which isn't a deal at all, it's a treaty designed to keep us in the EU after we have supposedly left, it's BRINO in other words. I don't expect you to be interested in the difference, it suits Remoaners very well to conflate the two, but I thought you should be aware of it.

Sometimes you need to give the head a good wobble, take stock and put things into perspective.

We had two unconditional choices.

Option 1: Leave the EU.

Option 2: Remain in the EU.

Following the decision, all our Conservative government had to do was honour the result and negotiate an exit.

I'm still at a loss why Jeremy Corbyn is getting called a chicken for not wanting a General Election because the government can't or won't honour the result of the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Simple question Sinkov...were Boris and Nigel selling us the idea of a no deal Brexit in 2016? If they had then your arguement would hold water.
    But I think you will find that Boris and Nigel are now trying to implement something totally different from what they promised us in 2016.
    Do you agree with me on this point?
    Therefore they have changed their minds. That's OK - in a democracy people are allowed to change their minds.

So...with a totally different offer than they promised us in 2016 don't you think it right that the public should decide if this new offer is one that they want?

If they had offered us free beer in 2016 if we voted Leave, then three years later said that instead of free beer they would force us to pay £5 a pint, do you think that the result should be honoured without the voters being asked again?

Before you ask, the beer was Wainwright Bitter.
    Boris and Farage were leading lights in two groups campaigning to leave the EU, they pointed out the many and varied advantages of being outside of the EU, as they were fully entitled to do. The idea that 17.4 million people voted to leave the EU because Boris and Nigel told them to is laughable. I decided we'd be better off out of the EU at the same time as Mrs T around 1989, I'd never heard of either Boris Johnson or Nigel Farage at that time, and nothing either of them has said since has had any influence on my decision, nor I'm sure on the millions of others who voted to leave simply based on their own experience of life in the EU. There was no 'offer' back then, there couldn't have been, the Leave campaign was just that, a campaign, it was not, is not, a political party, it had no power to offer anything or to implement anything afterwards. Remoaners took control of the leaving process, not the Brexiteers, we are where we are now becaue of duplicitous Remoaners, Boris is simply attempting to uphold the democratic decision of the people and leave according to Article 50 of the Treaty of Rome, as passed into UK law by the very same MPs now trying to legislate to overturn their previous legislation. You really should be ashamed of youself 59, purporting to support such chicanery while claiming to believe in democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

I'm still at a loss why Jeremy Corbyn is getting called a chicken for not wanting a General Election because the government can't or won't honour the result of the referendum.
    Be lost no more BT, I shall explain. Jeremy is being called a chlorinated chicken because everyone eggspects that a leader of the opposition, who has been calling for an election every day for the last two years, will actually agree to one when the opportunity to hold one arises, instead of whimpering behind the skirts of the despicable anti-democratic LibDems and playng silly political games with the future of this country.

Sometimes you need to give the head a good wobble, take stock and put things into perspective.

We had two unconditional choices.

Option 1: Leave the EU.

Option 2: Remain in the EU.

Following the decision, all our Conservative government had to do was honour the result and negotiate an exit.

I am fairly certain that it was not just Conservative MPs who voted against the plans negotiated by Theresa May, it was lots of MPs from all persuasions.
    We now have a PM who is willing to honour the result and negotiate an exit, however, he is being thwarted by MPs of all persuasions.
    Jeremy Corbyn is the leader of the opposition who has been spouting on about needing to hold an election for at least two years and yet, when BJ proposes to hold one, he is dead against it ---exactly as the cartoon said. Yes, BT, you certainly need to give your head a wobble.

On what basis could we possibly call a General Election? We must resolve Brexit soon or this country will choke on its own vomit.

Three years this Tory government has had to resolve Cameron's mess and we are absolutely no nearer to finding a solution. It is ludicrous of you to suggest that Jeremy Corbyn could mobilise his activists, win an election and sort out Brexit by 31.10.2019, but that's what you get from reading the Mail, Express and Sun.

On what basis could we possibly call a General Election? We must resolve Brexit soon or this country will choke on its own vomit.

Three years this Tory government has had to resolve Cameron's mess and we are absolutely no nearer to finding a solution. It is ludicrous of you to suggest that Jeremy Corbyn could mobilise his activists, win an election and sort out Brexit by 31.10.2019, but that's what you get from reading the Mail, Express and Sun.
    It will choke on its own vomit aided and abetted in a big way by Corbyn and Co and all the other MPs who have done everything possible to stop Brexit during the past three years.
    I voted remain, I do not read newspapers, I accepted that I lost in a democratic vote and have stood back and watched MPs of all persuasion do everything possible, including getting rid of one PM, in order to pursue their own ends.
    Corbyn and Co had it within their power to aid Brexit, however, they have chosen not too --I wonder why?

Of course he doesn't want an election because he knows that he would be unable to sort out Brexit because it would be thwarted by all the self-serving MPs of all parties and he just wants to sit back and say don't blame me.

I blame them all for messing around and wasting to much time and energy.

While the Remoaners in their Westminster, BBC and Guardian bubble vanish up their own arseholes over Brexit, out in the real world Boris continues to bounce, latest YouGov Poll,

Tories 35%
    Labour 21%
    LibDems 19%

No wonder the chlorinated chicken leading the Labour Party and his lefty chums, the anti-democratic LibDems, don't want an election. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas, neither do chickens.

'' Democracy can be successful only where the following essential factors are present at least amongst 51 per cent of the voters-morality, literacy and socio-economic-political consciousness. Otherwise it is an instrument to be fool the public. ( Shri Anandamurti)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It will choke on its own vomit aided and abetted in a big way by Corbyn and Co and all the other MPs who have done everything possible to stop Brexit during the past three years.
    I voted remain, I do not read newspapers, I accepted that I lost in a democratic vote and have stood back and watched MPs of all persuasion do everything possible, including getting rid of one PM, in order to pursue their own ends.
    Corbyn and Co had it within their power to aid Brexit, however, they have chosen not too --I wonder why?

Of course he doesn't want an election because he knows that he would be unable to sort out Brexit because it would be thwarted by all the self-serving MPs of all parties and he just wants to sit back and say don't blame me.

I blame them all for messing around and wasting to much time and energy.
    Sub that’s as good an analogy as I’ve read and exactly right ,
    Said before when elections were being touted shouldn’t our well paid MPs who so called represent us deliver the will of the people and get the best deal possible ( if and when it was available ) instead of continuing with denying and worrying more about only their personal gain

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)