+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Big day in Parliament (Part 53)

A Cameron inspired project, May failed to work it and Johnson has finally blown the whole democratic paradigm to bits.

Remind me again just how you lay the blame for this sh-itshow, at Jeremy Corbyn's feet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A Cameron inspired project, May failed to work it and Johnson has finally blown the whole democratic paradigm to bits.

Remind me again just how you lay the blame for this sh-itshow, at Jeremy Corbyn's feet?
    BT--this is the great thing about being apolitical --you have no bias and can see the whole picture for what it is.
    The whole mess in Parliament lies firmly at the feet of all MPs because they have blundered along in a cloud of self-interest and completely ignored the result of a democratic vote.
    The people voted to leave the EU and three years down the line we have not left and there is no guarantee that we will leave. Labour said that the deal that Theresa May presented to the house was no good, Johnson has ploughed ahead working on a no deal, which Labour say is not acceptable, however, Hilary Benn is seen on Breakfast TV saying that, although he voted against the May deal, he would be in favour of that now.
    Meanwhile Jeremy sits back waiting for nothing to happen just so he can say that it wasn't his fault!

They are all equally to blame and with the behaviour in the house last night have confirmed that they are just a lot of self-serving people. Take your blinkers off and look at the wider picture.

I don’t think anyone’s blaming JC BT ,
    It’s just he doesn’t have an answer does he ? Other than give it back to Brussels and let them make all of our decisions , fish in our waters etc etc.

He’s demanded an election for so long but when it actually comes to it he’s running scared, I’m not sure Jeremy knows what he wants to be honest he’s surrounded by politicians with differing views and now he doesn’t want to try and take the reigns.

You must be slightly disappointed in him I feel , admirably you bang the drum on here for him but just when he had a chance to repay your loyalty and take the country forwards ( your view not mine ), he’s hidden away behind others pointing fingers and doing exactly the opposite to what he’s been demanding for months.

If I’m being honest Bt I don’t think there are any of them interested in sorting it without a bit of personal gain worked in.

I’ll say this for Boris though I quite admire his guts he is trying to deliver a Brexit to a date which in itself is admirable.

Incidentally I found May intolerable the other day sat on the back benches laughing wildly at Boris as he spoke - that tells me all I need to know about her and how we dodged a bullet without her in charge.

Boris is now (apparently) trying to bring back the original EU idea of an Irish only backstop!!

This would put a border in the Irish Sea between N Ireland and the rest of the UK.

This was dismissed out of hand by all parties because Northern Ireland would be effectively split from the rest of the UK.

This idea simply won't fly in the UK - he must surely know this?

Desperate stuff Boris - must do better.

What is needed now is for the EU to say that no further extension can be made and the UK must leave and either accept the original deal, which our MPs have rejected, or go out with no deal which, surprise, surprise, our MPs have rejected.
    This would be brilliant and would be very interesting to see how we then progress.

Labour and LIb Dems would be campaigning to get back in if they follow their present form. The Tories would be messing around as they have done for the past three years. The SNP would still be wanting Scottish Independence. NIgel would be urging folk just to get on with things whilst looking for further ways to line his pockets, etc., etc. ad nauseam

Meanwhile, Nero will continue to fiddle.........................

Three years ago Jeremy Corbyn who is very much a Eurosceptic stated the bleeding obvious, he said leave but:
    1). Retain access to the Single Market, but we can still trade outside of the EU under WTO rules.
    2). Stay within the EU Customs Union (for bilateral EU trade).
    3). Allow free movement of people between the EU Member states and the UK, respecting all existing population shifts.

It worked then and it would work now, but for the total intransigence from Brussels with their red lines and refusal to negotiate on anything other than their own terms.

On another note, yesterday I heard the right wing media thrashing out all of the usual Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser and a anti-Semite. I'll give the Israelis their due, their media machine is pretty unrelenting...
    Attachment 13862

"......................It worked then and it would work now, but for the total intransigence from Brussels with their red lines and refusal to negotiate on anything other than their own terms.
    .........................................."

Why should they not negotiate on their terms? As it stands it is 27 against 1 and the one has shown no sort of unity at all, therefore, who calls the tune? That is the nature of the beast.

Lots of people are forecasting that the EU will go tits up if or when we leave, therefore, they will do everything possible to make sure that our leaving is on their terms or with no deal at all.
    It is hardly rocket science, in spite of what our politicians may or may not think.

If Corbyn is such a Eurosceptic as you say, what is he frightened of ---he is the leader of the Labour Party ---For The Many Not the Few! He should have been backing the fact that we voted to leave and ensuring that it happened. After all ---Itwas the Many who voted to leave because more of the mvoted than the Few. Again, not rocket science!

Three years ago Jeremy Corbyn who is very much a Eurosceptic stated the bleeding obvious, he said leave but:
    1). Retain access to the Single Market, but we can still trade outside of the EU under WTO rules.
    2). Stay within the EU Customs Union (for bilateral EU trade).
    3). Allow free movement of people between the EU Member states and the UK, respecting all existing population shifts.

It worked then and it would work now, but for the total intransigence from Brussels with their red lines and refusal to negotiate on anything other than their own terms.

On another note, yesterday I heard the right wing media thrashing out all of the usual Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser and a anti-Semite. I'll give the Israelis their due, their media machine is pretty unrelenting...
    Attachment 13862
    I always find it amazing that you can quote what he says without a problem BT.
    However Jeremy himself if he had anything about him at all would surely have come out asked for support of the people and instigated all of your above instead of playing pathetic childish games poo pooing the Tories and asking for elections.
    In between patting the terrorists on the back that is.

I wasn’t a fan of May as I said before nor am I fan of jezza I just can’t ever see it working for the country or the Labour Party truth told.

My opinion is the Eu will collapse when we leave and that is why they are dragging their feet about deals and monies owed etc.

They’ve already had 3.5 years more money whilst our last Pm drank champagne with them and laughed at our weak back bone of a country.

The more I look at the so called politicians in all parties the more I think we have completely the wrong people representing us,
    It’s time for a change and that should be from the top down or we will never come back from where we are now in politics and that is absolutely rock bottom.

You have to be in government to change things, how many more times do I need to say it?

Why should he agree now to an election with this shi-tfest in full swing?

You have to be in government to change things, how many more times do I need to say it?

Why should he agree now to an election with this shi-tfest in full swing?
    He had the chance in 2017 but guess what ---the Many did not vote for him, in spite of his promises. Do the Many not really trust him because he seems to change his mind about things as much as the weather.

Army is correct about this country and its politicians --there are absolutely no leaders. There are lots of talkers but when it comes down to brasss tacks nobody is doing anything!

Going off Army's name, I'll bet that he is/was used to people getting things done in the most efficient way mostly, but getting it done was the important thing. Oh how our politicians could do with a bit of get up and go to earn their crust!

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)