+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bury back in?

Bury back in?

Moves to get Bury reinstated into League 2 for next season. There was some suggestion that it might be at the expense of a promotion place from our league, but they’re saying it would be 2 down and 2 + Bury up.

Seems a bit unfair to me. They overspent and it went royally pear shaped.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Moves to get Bury reinstated into League 2 for next season. There was some suggestion that it might be at the expense of a promotion place from our league, but they’re saying it would be 2 down and 2 + Bury up.

Seems a bit unfair to me. They overspent and it went royally pear shaped.
    If it was Notts instead of Bury in this situation I’d be over the moon at this. Conversely if it was Notts who were relegated to facilitate Bury’s re-instatement my emotions would be the exact opposite.

When is a deadline not a deadline? How many extensions did Bury get?

It’s difficult to make a judgement on this, as we were so close to being in the same position.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    If it was Notts instead of Bury in this situation I’d be over the moon at this. Conversely if it was Notts who were relegated to facilitate Bury’s re-instatement my emotions would be the exact opposite.

When is a deadline not a deadline? How many extensions did Bury get?

It’s difficult to make a judgement on this, as we were so close to being in the same position.
    At a guess were they to re enter league two, a points ban would have to be added too.

I think this is fair if a plan can be put together to rescue the club and make them sustainable for next season. The fans didn't cause this it was a couple of incompetent, irresponsible owners and maybe fraud is now being reported. The EFL are effectively saying they are relegated with NIL points and without playing. They didn't get to enjoy the fake promotion so all's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    At a guess were they to re enter league two, a points ban would have to be added too.
    Well you'd think they'd get punishment for not competing in 46 games surely? Effectively relegating them again. Frankly, if they've been kicked out, they can reapply back in, does that mean we can reapply to join league 2?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    I think this is fair if a plan can be put together to rescue the club and make them sustainable for next season. The fans didn't cause this it was a couple of incompetent, irresponsible owners and maybe fraud is now being reported. The EFL are effectively saying they are relegated with NIL points and without playing. They didn't get to enjoy the fake promotion so all's fair.
    No the fans didn't cause it but they enjoyed the fake promotion I'm sure. The EFL can't allow them back into the league as it'll set a precedence that you can run a club badly and spend more than your income to get promotion and still stay in the Football League, how daft.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    No the fans didn't cause it but they enjoyed the fake promotion I'm sure. The EFL can't allow them back into the league as it'll set a precedence that you can run a club badly and spend more than your income to get promotion and still stay in the Football League, how daft.
    The usual punishment is a 12 points deduction so how is it fair to lose your club just because the end result is different ? If they had found a new owner in time they would probably have been relegated. It seems to have just been the lunatic new owner who prevented that deal. I wouldn't have liked to have lost Notts in what were effectively the same circumstances a few weeks ago.