+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burton tonight

Anene was isolated up front in the first half as the midfield support wasn't exactly erm supportive.

Jones, Ainley, Finney haha. It would appear that in this exchange of views your logic is to take it to a childish level. Congratulayions you have succeeded.

But please do not stress yourself too much. Knowing Artell it is 100% certain that your superstar will be back in the team

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Clearly Pickering will revert to LB and Lowery return - and rightly so.

It seems to me that the basic problem is we have plenty of midfielders to play just in front of Wintle (Green, Lowery, Pixie, Ainley and others) but if Wintle is missing then there isn’t anyone to step up; maybe Perry could take that on? Similarly we have plenty of options wide up front (Kirk, Powell, Dale, Ainley again) but I am concerned that if Porter is unavailable that Anene won’t be up to it - I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

I’m also happy with the Back 4 with a settled first team selection and a healthy mix of youth and experience on the bench. GK concerns me - Trigger hasn’t covered himself with glory (so reports suggest as I haven’t been at any of his matches) although Will seems to be improving - big game for the No 2 at sunny Grimsby tomorrow.......
    Yeah I worry that we miss Wintle too much but I think Greeny has the ability and experience to play there and Perry is a good shout too, seen him play well in an anchor role before.

Will be interesting to see Trigger play in the league today. All his other games have been against higher opposition where the whole team hasn't exactly covered itself in glory when its come to defending. He's got good ability I think as Artell says its putting it all together and being consistent that will be the key to his success. I see Will kept a clean sheet for Finland U21s yesterday against Ukraine U21s.

Jury still out on Anene...no service 1st half but didn't see him do anything 2nd half when we were on the front foot and in possession a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Jones, Ainley, Finney haha. It would appear that in this exchange of views your logic is to take it to a childish level. Congratulayions you have succeeded.

But please do not stress yourself too much. Knowing Artell it is 100% certain that your superstar will be back in the team
    What games have you seen this season Lukcour? In most of our league games Wintle, Green and Lowery have been an absolute force to be reckoned with but it sounds like you really don't rate Lowery? Yes, Pickering played well in midfield and is arguably more effective there but he is 1st choice LB right now and rightfully so with his contribution from there. He is one of the most creative LBs in the division and is improving defensively all the time.
    Last edited by luke_358; 07-09-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12