+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England squad

England squad

Kyle Walker out, Kieran Trippier back in. Good to see that the England manager has more sense than the Spurs manager. It was also amusing to see Sanchez looking completely out of his depth at right back for Spurs on Sunday, while Tripps and Atletico Madrid sit on top of La Liga with three wins from three games.

I was reading Trippier's comments on the Spurs situation and without any malice, he simply said the Spurs' Chairman and manager froze him out and he had no other choice, but to leave.

I do wonder just why Spurs wanted him out BT, he might have had a dip in form but that happens to every player, apparently he wasn't allowed to have one at Tottenham. The fact that he's now playing for the top of La Liga shows just how fanciful the idea was that he might end up back at Burnley. That was never, even remotely, likely to happen.

Sadly not sinkov, sadly not.

He really was frozen out at Spurs but it is great to see him doing well in La Liga because he always gives 100% and retains his enthusiasm for the game. Good luck to him and I hope that he wins something this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    He really was frozen out at Spurs but it is great to see him doing well in La Liga because he always gives 100% and retains his enthusiasm for the game. Good luck to him and I hope that he wins something this season.
    The Champions League would be nice!

I'll go along with that Sub, plus I hope he gets his England place back. He's done nothing wrong for England and Gareth has recognised that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'll go along with that Sub, plus I hope he gets his England place back. He's done nothing wrong for England and Gareth has recognised that.
    I'm with you on that but the Liverpool lad seems to be the flavour of the month these days.

I'm with you on that but the Liverpool lad seems to be the flavour of the month these days.
    Hmm, I've seen him ripped up for arse-paper on more than one occasion this season already, he had a shocker first game of the season against Norwich, if I were Gareth I'd be keeping Tripps warmed up and ready to go, he might well need him.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Hmm, I've seen him ripped up for arse-paper on more than one occasion this season already, he had a shocker first game of the season against Norwich, if I were Gareth I'd be keeping Tripps warmed up and ready to go, he might well need him.
    Dwight had him on toast last season as well. He is good going forward but not the best defensively ---the modern game!!
    I like lads who can defend if that is there job and everything on top of that is a bonus.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)