+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 More Players

2 More Players

Apparently we may have another 2 players soon. Fair play to the new owners for the backing but does NA really need more, he doesn't seem to know what to do with what he has.

IMO Booty had one of the best central midfield appearances so far this season at Harrogate, now he can't get on the pitch as Ardley prefers the ultra defensive 3 that helped to take us down last season. Osbourne showed some real glimpses in the same game and although he is still raw now he can't get on the bench.

Ardley has signed a lot of players now in less than a year, on what I'm witnessing week in week out I don't trust his judgement.

The new owners have backed Ardley financially far more than I for one ever expected them to, which you’d assume increases the expectation their side. Turner turned down a host of L2 clubs including our neighbours, while I’d be surprised if the likes of Thomas, O’Brien and Bakayogo didn’t have plenty of EFL offers over the summer.

Surely now there’s time for them to say ‘enough is enough’ though? We must be amongst the biggest spenders in the division on players, and Ardley’s got 15 of his own signings in the squad - 12 of whom have come in the past month. If he gets these additional players in, that’d mean some of those he’s signed this summer would already not even be able to get onto the bench. It hardly smacks of coherent planning.

And that’s before we even get onto the likes of Tootle, Crawford and Bird, who are clearly capable at this level but are nowhere near the squad and the youngsters such as Osborne and Dunn, who we thought may get more minutes this season with the hope of more of a long term plan.

He’s making a total mess of the squad and actually risking putting us straight back into the financial oblivion we’ve just climbed out of. Tonight’s call for further players is the final straw for me.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    The new owners have backed Ardley financially far more than I for one ever expected them to, which you’d assume increases the expectation their side. Turner turned down a host of L2 clubs including our neighbours, while I’d be surprised if the likes of Thomas, O’Brien and Bakayogo didn’t have plenty of EFL offers over the summer.

Surely now there’s time for them to say ‘enough is enough’ though? We must be amongst the biggest spenders in the division on players, and Ardley’s got 15 of his own signings in the squad - 12 of whom have come in the past month. If he gets these additional players in, that’d mean some of those he’s signed this summer would already not even be able to get onto the bench. It hardly smacks of coherent planning.

And that’s before we even get onto the likes of Tootle, Crawford and Bird, who are clearly capable at this level but are nowhere near the squad and the youngsters such as Osborne and Dunn, who we thought may get more minutes this season with the hope of more of a long term plan.

He’s making a total mess of the squad and actually risking putting us straight back into the financial oblivion we’ve just climbed out of. Tonight’s call for further players is the final straw for me.
    I'm sure the owners have their budget in mind and I would be very surprised if they would take risks with our financial stability given the situation they inherited. To be fair, I thought the same about Alan Hardy in the early days and was proved wrong, but I think most people would agree the Reedtz brothers seem to be a different kettle of fish. We've got to trust them to make the right calls in terms of what we can or can't afford at this stage.

I think most people in the summer agreed that if we were lucky enough to survive and live on, that we'd like to see the end of over paid over the hill has beens and having a huge squad of players that can't get a game and useless second and third string players pushing youngsters further down the pecking order to the point where they never make it into the first team, i think Ardley is the only one didn't read the memo

Totally agree. Didn’t hear the interview, but assume one will be a winger. We currently have 5 regular players for the 4 midfield slots so who will be left out, bearing in mind Doyle & O’Brien are ‘undroppable’ under Ardley?

I don't think it's two more players that Ardley needs, more like a lesson in how to pick an organise a team and how to play positive attacking football that puts the opposition under at least a modicum of pressure. Stallard was talking before the game about making Meadow Lane a fortress. That unfortunately is a pipe dream at the moment. In the majority of games we organise and play like the away team.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    I don't think it's two more players that Ardley needs, more like a lesson in how to pick an organise a team and how to play positive attacking football that puts the opposition under at least a modicum of pressure. Stallard was talking before the game about making Meadow Lane a fortress. That unfortunately is a pipe dream at the moment. In the majority of games we organise and play like the away team.
    I wish we could play like a team!

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    Apparently we may have another 2 players soon. Fair play to the new owners for the backing but does NA really need more, he doesn't seem to know what to do with what he has.

IMO Booty had one of the best central midfield appearances so far this season at Harrogate, now he can't get on the pitch as Ardley prefers the ultra defensive 3 that helped to take us down last season. Osbourne showed some real glimpses in the same game and although he is still raw now he can't get on the bench.

Ardley has signed a lot of players now in less than a year, on what I'm witnessing week in week out I don't trust his judgement.
    I think his signings have been pretty good. He does appear to have the motivational powers of a flea though. He doesnt inspire me or a lot of the posters on here so how is he going to inspire the team? Good leaders will inspire improved performance. He isnt achieving any inspiraiton or improved performance. I'd give him until the end of the month and if there is no significant improvement get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post

we simply don't need two new players , he now has a squad that is good enough to compete given the chance.
    However the tactics are so negative that they are happy to play for a draw and snatch a win if possible.
    Now last year one could believe it was the pressure of failure and relegation that caused this , however it is evident that these are Ardley's tactics come rain or shine !
    Time for him to go and give the new manager time to sort this squad out and get them playing some form of attacking football

Why more players? We have sufficient to put out a good team, only things lacking are a manager and tactics.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast