+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Davies

Has Davies

Become our biggest waste of space signing ever?

A few contenders but surely he's the man with the title.

I hate Craig Burley with a passion but think Davies takes the crown now.

Jim Mac was a dab chunt who should never be near a senior club ,if Davies doesn't invite him round for Christmas after that contract the worlds gone mad...never thought I would have the same playing record as a first team player W0 D0 L0...

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Become our biggest waste of space signing ever?

A few contenders but surely he's the man with the title.

I hate Craig Burley with a passion but think Davies takes the crown now.
    Bit harsh given that he was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Bit harsh given that he was injured.
    I'm sure your blood line goes all the way back to bethlehem Bcram....very forgiving type.😁

Just been a wee bit disappointed with the way players are getting criticised, both here and on TDB. Some how we need to get back our support for our team and our fellow supporters. Don't know if it's forums that create the opportunity for discussion and somehow they are having a negative effect on all football supporters.

I must admit I thought that if the team's performances improved that the morale of the whole club would lift, but you just have to see the negativity brought about by the recent Derby to see that this is not going to happen. Every error is someone's fault. The formation was wrong, the tactics were wrong, the players are not good enough, the list goes on and on. It's as though the guys wearing the jersey are somehow not good enough and should not be on the pitch.

Davies never had a chance, at least that's my take on his time at Dens. I might be completely wrong and in fact he was happy to be injured and therefore able to avoid any responsibility for our relegation. Don't understand, by the way, why Curran and Davies were let go at such a late stage in the window. Can't believe that the difference in cost of getting them out the door would be worthwhile when you consider that it would amount to the same amount of money and the only benefit was a wee bit of cash flow.

Looking forward to a better season, and will be hoping for a playoff spot come the end of the season and a victory against St Mirren to seal our return to the top league.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Just been a wee bit disappointed with the way players are getting criticised, both here and on TDB. Some how we need to get back our support for our team and our fellow supporters. Don't know if it's forums that create the opportunity for discussion and somehow they are having a negative effect on all football supporters.

I must admit I thought that if the team's performances improved that the morale of the whole club would lift, but you just have to see the negativity brought about by the recent Derby to see that this is not going to happen. Every error is someone's fault. The formation was wrong, the tactics were wrong, the players are not good enough, the list goes on and on. It's as though the guys wearing the jersey are somehow not good enough and should not be on the pitch.

Davies never had a chance, at least that's my take on his time at Dens. I might be completely wrong and in fact he was happy to be injured and therefore able to avoid any responsibility for our relegation. Don't understand, by the way, why Curran and Davies were let go at such a late stage in the window. Can't believe that the difference in cost of getting them out the door would be worthwhile when you consider that it would amount to the same amount of money and the only benefit was a wee bit of cash flow.

Looking forward to a better season, and will be hoping for a playoff spot come the end of the season and a victory against St Mirren to seal our return to the top league.
    I'm not over critical of players, make an exception for someone who takes 2 years wages out the club and dosent kick a ball though.

Dundee supporters moan like buggeree b cram, it's almost in the DNA.

A lot of folk seem to enjoy the misery more than the too few good times as it gives them a chance to vent.

I've said it before but because our fans are spread all over the place it allows negativity to build in the stands, especially the cox, but we change nothing and continue down the same well trodden path.

Performances haven't greatly improved as of yet but I don't think that will have too much of an upturn in mood.

Closing the gap to Utd would but it seems to me a lot have given up on that already, not sure why, long way to go.

Apart from two or three seasons I've never known Dee fans to be that upbeat despite the fact there are lots of Dees who think we have the best fans and there's no one like us.

See your hoping for a playoff spot I'd see not finishing in 1st 4 a disaster and finishing outside top 2 as pretty disappointing.

Oh and the fact the place is a tip dosent encourage positivity.

When we signed Andrew Davies, I thought that was a good signing.
    I remember when he played for County at Dens, he won every cross in the air, and also every corner.
    I thought he would keep us up, but you have to question what kind of medical he had, considering his previous injuries ?

What about the great wage thief Mark Kerr , played 8 times over a whole season ,
    Then went to Patrick for a season and never played a single game Dab Chunt

Wee gadgie winger we had from hibs....mcghee?....another.

Finnish guy up front, not his fault.

Thon guy we brought on against the dabs at their place, from somewhere down south....double barrell name.

Way back Eric Garvin, think he played one game sent aff and never played again

Aforementioned tosspot Craig Burley.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'm not over critical of players, make an exception for someone who takes 2 years wages out the club and dosent kick a ball though.

Dundee supporters moan like buggeree b cram, it's almost in the DNA.

A lot of folk seem to enjoy the misery more than the too few good times as it gives them a chance to vent.

I've said it before but because our fans are spread all over the place it allows negativity to build in the stands, especially the cox, but we change nothing and continue down the same well trodden path.

Performances haven't greatly improved as of yet but I don't think that will have too much of an upturn in mood.

Closing the gap to Utd would but it seems to me a lot have given up on that already, not sure why, long way to go.

Apart from two or three seasons I've never known Dee fans to be that upbeat despite the fact there are lots of Dees who think we have the best fans and there's no one like us.

See your hoping for a playoff spot I'd see not finishing in 1st 4 a disaster and finishing outside top 2 as pretty disappointing.

Oh and the fact the place is a tip dosent encourage positivity.
    Think part of the problem is that we expect money to solve all our difficulties really quickly, in fact almost immediately. Buy this player fix that weakness. It hasn't worked and I think it won't work. We need a longer term view, where the club has some aims that can act as milestones. Completely agree about the state of the ground. Making the place clean and tidy should be just part of what happens on a regular basis. Is there a volunteer option? I'm sure there will be someone on the payroll who could coordinate a programme of improvement that might just need expenditure on materials, or perhaps a discounted price from a sympathetic Dee supporter who might find hospitality or special access a fitting way to justify a mates rate deal for the club.

Agree, finishing outside the playoff spot would be a very poor result. I am hopeful that the coaching staff will actually build and improve the team. I have not felt that way since the arrival of PH.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)