+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Davies

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think part of the problem is that we expect money to solve all our difficulties really quickly, in fact almost immediately. Buy this player fix that weakness. It hasn't worked and I think it won't work. We need a longer term view, where the club has some aims that can act as milestones. Completely agree about the state of the ground. Making the place clean and tidy should be just part of what happens on a regular basis. Is there a volunteer option? I'm sure there will be someone on the payroll who could coordinate a programme of improvement that might just need expenditure on materials, or perhaps a discounted price from a sympathetic Dee supporter who might find hospitality or special access a fitting way to justify a mates rate deal for the club.

Agree, finishing outside the playoff spot would be a very poor result. I am hopeful that the coaching staff will actually build and improve the team. I have not felt that way since the arrival of PH.
    I don't, I think the yanks have spent loads, just not in the places they said they would.

Pride pride pride I don't think there's enough of it at Dens, yes there a good servants doing decent jobs but others seem to coast thru year to year.

Think about the groundsman, he creates an oasis of a park every year surrounded by fricking **** and derelict rubble wonder what he thinks.

I just think an air of neglect dosent bring out the best in people.

Tannadice got all spruced up at the start of the season, turnstiles painted and railings painted outside main entrance as well as major structure issues...we can't drain the dub at back of cox or get a storage shed or clear away rubble....it has a pulling down effect on the support.

Stadium manager.....**** stadium...why?

Just been a wee bit disappointed with the way players are getting criticised, both here and on TDB. Some how we need to get back our support for our team and our fellow supporters. Don't know if it's forums that create the opportunity for discussion and somehow they are having a negative effect on all football supporters.

I must admit I thought that if the team's performances improved that the morale of the whole club would lift, but you just have to see the negativity brought about by the recent Derby to see that this is not going to happen. Every error is someone's fault. The formation was wrong, the tactics were wrong, the players are not good enough, the list goes on and on. It's as though the guys wearing the jersey are somehow not good enough and should not be on the pitch.

Davies never had a chance, at least that's my take on his time at Dens. I might be completely wrong and in fact he was happy to be injured and therefore able to avoid any responsibility for our relegation. Don't understand, by the way, why Curran and Davies were let go at such a late stage in the window. Can't believe that the difference in cost of getting them out the door would be worthwhile when you consider that it would amount to the same amount of money and the only benefit was a wee bit of cash flow.

Looking forward to a better season, and will be hoping for a playoff spot come the end of the season and a victory against St Mirren to seal our return to the top league.
    Losing 6-2 to Utd isn’t good enough. When they had their best team ever we wouldn’t have accepted it so won’t now. Whoever is to blame!

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Losing 6-2 to Utd isn’t good enough. When they had their best team ever we wouldn’t have accepted it so won’t now. Whoever is to blame!
    Didn't mean to imply that we should accept it. Think back in those days fans spoke out at the ground and let their feelings be known with collective action. The message was much simpler. Now you get factions on forums pushing for what they think is the most important issue. I thought Rross topic was worth trying to broaden out, rather than just get a list of "worst ever" signings.

When you were involved with the club did you pay any attention to social media. Just interested, no agenda, hmac.

Didn't mean to imply that we should accept it. Think back in those days fans spoke out at the ground and let their feelings be known with collective action. The message was much simpler. Now you get factions on forums pushing for what they think is the most important issue. I thought Rross topic was worth trying to broaden out, rather than just get a list of "worst ever" signings.

When you were involved with the club did you pay any attention to social media. Just interested, no agenda, hmac.
    No wanting to jump into your conversation with H but maybe if there was a bit more open communications with supporters and follow ups there wudnae be so many on social media with an axe to grind.

And try and address some of the grumbles fans have.

Em starting to get myself all worked up again because I see the same failings year after year after year between club our core support and our less regular fans.

I wouldn't say the club treat the fans with contempt but almost like an irritant. A ffs what are they moaning A boot now sort of thing.

I personally used social media less, had I worried about all the crap being spouted I wouldn’t have got anything done.

I did have loads of face to face conversations when people wanted to come in, had no problem with that.

Even invited a couple of hundred people in for a blether when they turned up with pitchforks :-)

One media outlet that was much better back then was the official site forum, it was a bad thing that was abandoned later.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No wanting to jump into your conversation with H but maybe if there was a bit more open communications with supporters and follow ups there wudnae be so many on social media with an axe to grind.

And try and address some of the grumbles fans have.

Em starting to get myself all worked up again because I see the same failings year after year after year between club our core support and our less regular fans.

I wouldn't say the club treat the fans with contempt but almost like an irritant. A ffs what are they moaning A boot now sort of thing.
    Jump in Rross. The communication issue has been a very regular comment. It has always seemed odd that our club doesn't seem to want to deal with issues that are raised in the forums. Keeping the ground neat and tidy also seems to be a sensible thing to do. It just looks like there is no one who can actually do the work.

Going back over consistent criticism/comment isn't a waste of time and effort. Making the ground look better does have a beneficial effect on supporters IMO.

Jump in Rross. The communication issue has been a very regular comment. It has always seemed odd that our club doesn't seem to want to deal with issues that are raised in the forums. Keeping the ground neat and tidy also seems to be a sensible thing to do. It just looks like there is no one who can actually do the work.

Going back over consistent criticism/comment isn't a waste of time and effort. Making the ground look better does have a beneficial effect on supporters IMO.
    There’s a lot of guff to traipse through on forums to find decent stuff. People who use forums over estimate their importance, the vast majority don’t use them at all.

i know for a fact that the club were offered volunteers complete with paint brushes paint etc etc at zero cost to the club,absolutely no follow up from the club on 2 occasions,edit to say that was around 3 seasons ago
    Last edited by shaded; 06-09-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    i know for a fact that the club were offered volunteers complete with paint brushes paint etc etc at zero cost to the club,absolutely no follow up from the club on 2 occasions,edit to say that was around 3 seasons ago
    Health and safety - let people on site to do jobs like that and somebody gets hurt = problems for the club. You can't even climb a ladder these days without needing risk assessments and training, they'd potentially be wide open.

this group had alll the box;s ticked re safety etc mate,cant remember the phrase that was used but they ended up sprucing up roxburgh house instead

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)