+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton points deductions

No we won't go down....I hope. But you never answered my question

To be fair mate. If we got relegated over a team that started on minus twelve and had lost 4 out of first five and scored no goals I’d be far more livid with my own team than there’s.

So no.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    To be fair mate. If we got relegated over a team that started on minus twelve and had lost 4 out of first five and scored no goals I’d be far more livid with my own team than there’s.

So no.
    and so would I ........

Bolton don't have a game this weekend so their visit to the nys will be their first Game with the superstar signings.
    I'd expect there will be a full away end sell out too.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Bolton don't have a game this weekend so their visit to the nys will be their first Game with the superstar signings.
    Watch us lose!

Regarding the Tevez incident that was mentioned earlier, West Ham stayed in the Premier League from that bit of cheating and they continue to profit from it.

With millions at stake any sanction has to be a really big one if it’s hoped to have a deterrent effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Ronners, just a scenario but not necessarily injuries, maybe reds and multiple yellow cards and s.hite formations on the pitch
    I know Brin, hardly likely but point taken.

Skim read the posts so sorry if I'm re"quoting" but ...........

Last seasons unfulfilled game and this seasons have to be punished (irrespective of ownership issues)
    -3 points for each one (at min)
    If not the EFL will make a massive rod for their own back if (& when) clubs in the future pull the same trick

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    If we deserve to go down then so be it. It is starting to sound like blades fans going on about Tevez. Only difference is none of this has happened and is unlikely to happen.
    I prefer that we stay on our own game rather than anyone else’s.

2 weeks ago it was mostly people saying poor Bolton, old traditional club with loyal fans that have been run into the ground by greedy owners.

Since they’ve been saved all I’m seeing is that they are the anti christ and bound to make sure we are either relegated or lose out on promotion by goal difference to a team that’s had a 5-0 eg tranmere.

We are taking 3:5k to Donny on Saturday and hardly a murmur. Things that we cannot effect up the road in Bolton have 100s of comments. Who’s situation would you rather be in?

Believe it or not we are financially sound, definitely won’t go down and probably won’t automatically go up.

Feck what’s happening at Bolton, Bury and the EFL.
    If 2 weeks ago you saw people mostly saying poor Bolton, then you most definitely weren't on this site Scum. Nearly everyone on here was of the opinion that Bolton were being treated very differently to bury, even though they were sympathetic towards the supporters, plus they had a game called off they couldn't play because of their situation at the back end of last season that even now as far as I'm aware hasn't been dealt with.
    Yes I feel for the supporters but until the season pans out properly, we won't know the extent of the advantage all the teams who have played Boltons youth side so far have got.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    We certainly won't have the advantage their other opponents have had so far, which in itself is hugely unfair.
    As for their cancelled/postponed games, if they had won their first 3 games this season, playing the Donny game would not have been an issue.

RUFC should take it upon ourselves to postpone the Bolton game if we have any injuries in our squad so we can play them when we have a full strength squad. Let's see how quickly the EFL hand out punishments.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast