+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: George Culker

George Culker

“Does that mean all takeover negotiations have stopped or that every interested party has disappeared? I know for a fact they haven’t.

“But the last 12 years show that Ashley is a difficult seller. I think it’s best to expect things to carry on as they are.

“If a takeover does happen, it’ll come out of the blue.”

Funny isn't it how MA is happy to sell garbage retail sports product to all and sundry but yet when it comes to selling the club he's holding out for a top price...

what a clown

What effort is Ashley currently making to sell?

I think the club should be asked this question at every opportunity. Until they are sick hearing it.

Like Boris spouting the same Brexit shiit time and time again.

Just so they don't forget that we want a new owner and that Ashley has previously said he wants to sell and we haven't forgotten.

Otherwise we will hear no more about it until the next transfer window or when it suits to be deployed as a smokescreen again.

No let up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    What effort is Ashley currently making to sell?

I think the club should be asked this question at every opportunity. Until they are sick hearing it.

Like Boris spouting the same Brexit shiit time and time again.

Just so they don't forget that we want a new owner and that Ashley has previously said he wants to sell and we haven't forgotten.

Otherwise we will hear no more about it until the next transfer window or when it suits to be deployed as a smokescreen again.

No let up.
    Yeah, essentially this.

I guess, technically, we're for sale. The problem is it's in the same way my left foot is technically for sale. If someone offered £10 million for my left foot, would I sell it? Um...probably. But no loony is going to offer that; ditto the price fatso is willing to accept.

And now I feel bad about my left foot.

I think Ashley's entitled to ask for and get the price he's asking.
    If potential buyers don't want to pay it and can't negotiate it down to a respectable offer then Ashley is well within his rights to simply cast the offers aside.

Of course fans will hate that because they hate Ashley.
    But let's put the boot on the other foot.

If it was a loved owner who was retiring and wanted to sell and the price was £350 million or so but the owner decides to sell it for a quick sale to just anyone, many fans would likely be up in arms, citing that the club is worth lots more and selling it cheap could be a bad move.

Fans who want Ashley gone without knowing who would replace him yet not really caring as long as he's gone, are cutting off their own noses to spite their faces in my opinion.

When there was a Sheikh supposedly on the prowl, some were saying it's all legit and the takeover was happening and the money is there...all sorted with the FA and all that.
    Ashley sat back and said nothing. He didn't instigate anything in terms of putting it out there to the media or the fans. The media promoted the Sheikh with all the billions and all the what nots as to what he'll do for Newcastle...etc.

Once he fizzled out it suddenly became Ashley instigating it all and blocking the sale but nobody really caring whether it was the Sheikh and co that were maybe playing games, trying to get the club on the cheap or the drip or even being real buyers at all.

Arguing that Ashley didn't want to sell because he just wants to carry on asset stripping and yet he spends big money on players whether ploughing back in from sales or some cash. It's hardly asset stripping and it's hardly the workings of a man who wants to play the devil.

He could've simply sold Perez and what not and replaced him with a much cheaper signing.
    He'd already broke the club transfer record so he had no need nor pressure to do so again....yet he did. But that's not enough nor the real issue with some fans.

The issue is merely hatred at every turn. The issue is, some would rather see the club fold if it meant Ashley losing his fortune or simply leaving.
    It beggars belief.

And all because Newcastle United should be up with the elites...apparently.
    "we want the club to show ambition"....." we want the club to try in cups."

What ambition?
    What is ambition to people?

I got told Fulham were super ambitious and what not. I got told that Huddersfield were more ambitious. In fact I was told every club but ours was ambitious and Ashley was merely stripping this club down to the bare bones.

Yet Fulham and Huddersfield crashed and burned and we didn't.

I know I know, because of Rafa and in spite of anything the club did and what not.

Any manager could've done as good if not better with that squad....but that's not really the issue.
    The issue is, too many people are jumping on a hate bandwagon for an owner who should really be the last person thought of as long as there's a manager and squad of players ready to fight on that pitch.
    Clearly we have that but it's just not enough for some and will likely never be enough for some, no matter what, because some will always find something to whine about and find a reason to spew bile and hatred, first chance they get.

People not going or supporting the club for the last 12 years citing they are doing it because they love the club. What utter utter bull.
    The small minority of haters need to be drowned out so this club can actually start to run without a disease spreading throughout by a small bunch of bullies intent on trying to stop others from enjoying the football.

People may not like what I've said just as much as I don't like what others say. It is what it is and I'm strong on what I say.

This place actually needs some debate as well, instead of one way traffic that's leaving most people with little to say.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 05-09-2019 at 06:27 AM.

So do you go to the games??

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    So do you go to the games??
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Yes.
    You must face the wrong way because you don't know anything about football.

Why reply to him.Its the same bollox everytime.If you've read it once you have read it a thousand times,it's the same post just on a different thread time after time.Ignore it's the only way.He wants a rise of every post he puts up.Childish mackem arse licker.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Yes.
    Season ticket holder?

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    Season ticket holder?
    No.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)