+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pringle to Gillingham

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    No probs Wrinks. I've been a Bit more accurate with your username this time. Just a typo before.

Yes I posted it on there on purpose as a light interlude to try and diffuse the heated debate. Wanchai chilled out a bit but the others are still trying to beat each other up metaphorically speaking.

Pringo really is an enigma. He did so well for us but has bombed virtually everywhere else and has been at so many clubs.
    I remember seeing him for Ipswich at Portman Rd when we won 1-0 under Uncle Neil. I think he came on as a sub towards the end and in about the 94th he receives the ball in the D. Heart stops and I said to a friend this is going in to steal two points off us. Dragged it well wide to huge groans from the home crowd and missed a real sitter. It Summed up his fortunes since he left us.

I suspect SE has offered him a small salary and he's taken it to try and resurrect his career. Good luck to him.
    I remember that moment at Ipswich too. Thought a goal was inevitable.

Agree, Ben never improved when he left. As Wrinkly pointed out he was stood next to me at the players tunnel and said he would never play for Evans again. It happened just after Evans had subbed him. Not a happy fella at the time and was furious with Evo. Heat of the moment stuff I guess. Revs was another and Frecks that didn't like Evans. I suppose it was how Evans managed his players, keeping a distance from them and I believe he didn't do training. Opposite of Warney I guess.

When you're a player though you still have bills to pay and perhaps Evans will resurrect his career. He did bring out the best of Pringle who was a key player in what for me was a golden age of watching the Millers.

Good luck Ben

See the link to Pringles podcast on 'I had trials once'. Very good. Heard it a while ago but pretty sure he said he had a great time at Rotherham. Hope it works.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/31D...QUW2kgvxCJHy4w

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

Yes I posted it on there on purpose as a light interlude to try and diffuse the heated debate. Wanchai chilled out a bit but the others are still trying to beat each other up metaphorically speaking.
    Was chilled all the way through in the face of some proper abuse. All good natured stuff. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    I remember that moment at Ipswich too. Thought a goal was inevitable.

Agree, Ben never improved when he left. As Wrinkly pointed out he was stood next to me at the players tunnel and said he would never play for Evans again. It happened just after Evans had subbed him. Not a happy fella at the time and was furious with Evo. Heat of the moment stuff I guess. Revs was another and Frecks that didn't like Evans. I suppose it was how Evans managed his players, keeping a distance from them and I believe he didn't do training. Opposite of Warney I guess.

When you're a player though you still have bills to pay and perhaps Evans will resurrect his career. He did bring out the best of Pringle who was a key player in what for me was a golden age of watching the Millers.

Good luck Ben
    Cheers Pete
    I'm glad that I wasn't misquoting you. I hope you don't mind me mentioning you in my post. Strange how I remembered that but forget what I opened a cupboard for.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Cheers Pete
    I'm glad that I wasn't misquoting you. I hope you don't mind me mentioning you in my post. Strange how I remembered that but forget what I opened a cupboard for.
    Cracking memory Wrinkly! Don’t mind at all.

All the best

Interesting how so many players allegedly didn't like Evan's but had the most successful part of their careers playing under him.
    Urban myth/message board "knowledge"?

During the last 5 years of my working career I had six different bosses. They ranged across the full spectrum from great to abysmal.

I got paid in the usual way every month and outlasted all six

Much the same with footballers, they get paid well and during their contract it’s likely the manager will change more than once

So Pringle might dislike Evans, but he will be paid every week and come Christmas Evans might not be his boss anymore

So worth a punt for Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Gillingham don’t have much cash to throw about this season.
    Pringle should be a good fit down there, a player that never quite made the top league playing for a lower league manager.
    Rolling in it..shows how much we know..

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Rolling in it..shows how much we know..
    Lol - Rolling in it - star signing- Ben Pringle - unattached- free transfer like most of Evans signings this season.

Pringle talking about Rotherham..
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/...nstant-212933/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast