+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pringle to Gillingham

Pringle to Gillingham

Flourbasher wrote

"Ben Pringle signs for Gills.
    What a bombshell that is"

on the "democracy" thread
    I hope he'll forgive me for sticking it on here - seemed a bit O/T on there.

I'm sure I recall Pete Waller posting that Pringle had spoken to him and said something on the lines of never playing for Steve Evans again.

I also remember him being quoted as saying what a great manager Kit Symons was after he was signed by Fulham and a definite hint of "what a refreshing change" about it. Of course he spent a lot of time sat next to Symons on the Fulham bench so he'll have known him well.

All from my addled memory this but I'm sure I'm not far off. It stuck in my mind because I thought it was a bit ungrateful considering Pringle couldn't get a game before Evans arrived.

Now he's saying "it's always nice to work with someone again when you have had good times"

mmmm

I also put it on deadline day

Maybe Evans wasn’t all bad, after all wasnt Pringle is ‘son’?
    Last edited by millertop; 04-09-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Flourbasher wrote

I'm sure I recall Pete Waller posting that Pringle had spoken to him and said something on the lines of never playing for Steve Evans again.

I also remember him being quoted as saying what a great manager Kit Symons was after he was signed by Fulham and a definite hint of "what a refreshing change" about it. Of course he spent a lot of time sat next to Symons on the Fulham bench so he'll have known him well.

All from my addled memory this but I'm sure I'm not far off. It stuck in my mind because I thought it was a bit ungrateful considering Pringle couldn't get a game before Evans arrived.

Now he's saying "it's always nice to work with someone again when you have had good times"

mmmm
    Amazing what a few “crisp” tenners will do

Gillingham don’t have much cash to throw about this season.
    Pringle should be a good fit down there, a player that never quite made the top league playing for a lower league manager.

I wonder if Pringle got to Gillingham via the tube?

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Flourbasher wrote

No probs Wrinks. I've been a Bit more accurate with your username this time. Just a typo before.

Yes I posted it on there on purpose as a light interlude to try and diffuse the heated debate. Wanchai chilled out a bit but the others are still trying to beat each other up metaphorically speaking.

Pringo really is an enigma. He did so well for us but has bombed virtually everywhere else and has been at so many clubs.
    I remember seeing him for Ipswich at Portman Rd when we won 1-0 under Uncle Neil. I think he came on as a sub towards the end and in about the 94th he receives the ball in the D. Heart stops and I said to a friend this is going in to steal two points off us. Dragged it well wide to huge groans from the home crowd and missed a real sitter. It Summed up his fortunes since he left us.

I suspect SE has offered him a small salary and he's taken it to try and resurrect his career. Good luck to him.

[QUOTE=flourbasher;39317421]No probs Wrinks. I've been a Bit more accurate with your username this time. Just a typo before.

Yes I posted it on there on purpose as a light interlude to try and diffuse the heated debate. Wanchai chilled out a bit but the others are still trying to beat each other up metaphorically speaking.

Isn’t that what they come on here for?
    Last edited by millertop; 04-09-2019 at 05:41 PM.

There has been no shortage of critics of SE on here, many of whom have repeatedly claimed that the players never liked him - yet there seems to be no shortage of players who are happy to sign for him again.

Most players would work for any manager if the moneys right.

Remember Evo found him locked in a cupboard

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Most players would work for any manager if the moneys right.

Remember Evo found him locked in a cupboard
    beat me to it ,I was just regeristing at the top.I was thinking more along the lines of money talks,bull**** walks but I,m not as well brought up as you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast