+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bully Wee vs Doonhamers Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup

It's alright blaming Johnston but he's brought in what his budget allows and it's clearly not enough to attract anyone of quality and it seems the decent loan players have also dried up.

If living within our means is this dross then we would be better dropping down a division and admitting the championship is now a league too far.

I think to be honest the BOD have realistically taken us as far as they can or willing to. They don't want to risk gambling for a bit of success. We find ourselves already out of pocket crashing out of two cups early doors and the attendances are going to nose dive unless we pull something out of the bag.

Just to think, we haven't even played anyone decent yet !!

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Rumours that the manager and his assistant aren’t the most likeable of people. My Dunfermline friends across the bridge have also confirmed this.
    We don't need them to be likeable. We need them to be effective not be everybody's pal. Many of the best managers aren't well liked.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    It's alright blaming Johnston but he's brought in what his budget allows and it's clearly not enough to attract anyone of quality and it seems the decent loan players have also dried up.

If living within our means is this dross then we would be better dropping down a division and admitting the championship is now a league too far.

I think to be honest the BOD have realistically taken us as far as they can or willing to. They don't want to risk gambling for a bit of success. We find ourselves already out of pocket crashing out of two cups early doors and the attendances are going to nose dive unless we pull something out of the bag.

Just to think, we haven't even played anyone decent yet !!
    True to an extent but the money on the likes of Paton could have been way better spent, the guy failed at league 1 in a dreadful Dumbarton side last season. He's absolutely done at this level. Money would have been much better spent elsewhere.
    McCrorie, Oliver, Semple (if fit) are easily good enough for this level. Holt too albeit he has had a sluggish start. That said, the lack of decent signings in midfield is a huge concern.

Once again, I would like to make a pertinent point. Livingston on paper were nothing special but look what they accomplished?

This has little to do with bringing in better players and everything to do with attitude and hard work.

On paper, - we have a lot of talented players, - but are they willing to graft? Being 2-0 up against a side one league below, - but losing 3 relatively late goals tells me a lot about fitness and graft I'm afraid.

Queens could bring in 6 super talented players in the January window, - but unless they are willing to put in the work and change the attitude, - we'll still end up getting beaten by daft wee teams (on paper)

That being said, - a loan midfielder would add some guile to our squad...………………………………………..provided he was willing to put in a shift.

So although its really nice to watch flicks and tricks and all the subtleties of small sided games being translated onto the big pitch, - that only works if you have a winning team. Perhaps less of the tricks and more of the work, - wearing down sides (like Livingston did) until they eventually capitulate is what is required?

I've said it already this season and I'll say it again; is playing Dobbie for 90 minutes the correct way to play this mercurial maestro? I would rather see the youngsters at the club running defences ragged for a full hour, - before unleashing the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    True to an extent but the money on the likes of Paton could have been way better spent, the guy failed at league 1 in a dreadful Dumbarton side last season. He's absolutely done at this level. Money would have been much better spent elsewhere.
    McCrorie, Oliver, Semple (if fit) are easily good enough for this level. Holt too albeit he has had a sluggish start. That said, the lack of decent signings in midfield is a huge concern.

The Paton signing was shocking. Same the Kidd and imo Oliver one wasn't much better mainly down to A his height and B his injury record.
    With Paton though he was training with us for a while so might have been a desperation signing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)